Anybody else looking forward to the break...
This season has seemed surreal. Even the dreadful villa result last year was forgotten after a day or so, no pub banter to accompany it. It was like that saying, if a tree falls in a forest with no one there does it really happen?
I wont even bother to enter any ticket ballot this season, just fast forward to next season.
Same here, I'm going to give the ballot a miss.

My own view is that the allocation should be given, FOC, to children and also members of the emergency services.
The whole Covid/empty stadiums thing has muddied the waters a bit, but I think I may also just have grown weary of the endless cycle of the Premiership's seemingly only useful purpose being to provide a top-up to the coffers, thereby improving the chances of being towards the front of the queue for another one a couple of years down the road. It feels a bit like grudgingly being awarded a regular complimentary ticket to an establishment which would really prefer you didn't keep showing up but hasn't yet managed to come up with a way of having you barred.

I knew we'd be relegated this season; before a ball was kicked I knew it with absolute clarity. And now I know that - barring catastrophe and/or criminal levels of incompetence - we'll be highly likely to return soon, maybe as soon as next summer. And then what? Same again? And then again? 

Worst thing about it is that this is as good as it's likely to get. For one of the great clubs of English football, this is the best offer going.

Fuck it.
(05-04-2021, 06:50 PM)Ossian Wrote: The whole Covid/empty stadiums thing has muddied the waters a bit, but I think I may also just have grown weary of the endless cycle of the Premiership's seemingly only useful purpose being to provide a top-up to the coffers, thereby improving the chances of being towards the front of the queue for another one a couple of years down the road. It feels a bit like grudgingly being awarded a regular complimentary ticket to an establishment which would really prefer you didn't keep showing up but hasn't yet managed to come up with a way of having you barred.

I knew we'd be relegated this season; before a ball was kicked I knew it with absolute clarity. And now I know that - barring catastrophe and/or criminal levels of incompetence - we'll be highly likely to return soon, maybe as soon as next summer. And then what? Same again? And then again? 

Worst thing about it is that this is as good as it's likely to get. For one of the great clubs of English football, this is the best offer going.

Fuck it.

Very nicely put Oss and just about where i am with things tbh.
(05-04-2021, 07:03 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 06:50 PM)Ossian Wrote: The whole Covid/empty stadiums thing has muddied the waters a bit, but I think I may also just have grown weary of the endless cycle of the Premiership's seemingly only useful purpose being to provide a top-up to the coffers, thereby improving the chances of being towards the front of the queue for another one a couple of years down the road. It feels a bit like grudgingly being awarded a regular complimentary ticket to an establishment which would really prefer you didn't keep showing up but hasn't yet managed to come up with a way of having you barred.

Fuck it.

Me 'n all. But I'll be there next season, I've seen plenty of football on the box but I crave what goes with it on an Albion match day.
(05-04-2021, 04:22 PM)MrFizz Wrote: I'll be counting down the days until i can get back in the ground. Cant wait to hear the click of a turnstyle as i walk through, then go up the steps and see the pitch and stands again, get to my spot and say hello to a few old faces who will hopefully be back too.

Click of the turnstile, the smell of the pitch. I cannot wait.
(05-04-2021, 03:52 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Not sure. I feel really flat about this season because I do think that if a few more issues had been worked on we could have been safe.
For me more important than who is in charge now is the fact the owners tried to squeeze out a side on an unrealistic amount of money, that only too late, they identified would have to be increased as they changed the manager and then provided some funds (even then too late) for him to spend.
I would love to know how much they spent in the end this season and how much better placed we could have been with this money if they had recognised the need at the start.
More than Bilic a manager who I liked but we all recognised had some serious flaws and Allardyce who I detest but has created a better structure at the club, I blame the Owners for what has been a sorry season.
I finish it not really angry but very disappointed that we have such an unworthy bunch in charge of our club.

On the other side Nervously I am very much looking forward to the upcoming Euro's though. I do see a Semi Final as a realistic target if things go our way.
Also The Olympics which will be different but is always a magical event IMO.

And a few hours before England’s first game in the tournament, WBA announce the appointment of a shit new manager just like they did for the 2014 World Cup. How the fuck were we supposed to go to the pub and enjoy England’s first game in the World Cup knowing we’d just appointed AFI???   Bastids!!!!
I told you I’ll be back
For me this has been something of a non-season. I've watched it from afar with a strange sense of detachment from it all, most of the time.

I usually need a break after each season but it feels like I am currently on an 18-month break.

I have a feeling going back again will be like when I first went up. All new and wondrous!
(05-04-2021, 10:45 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 07:03 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

Fuck it.

Me 'n all. But I'll be there next season, I've seen plenty of football on the box but I crave what goes with it on an Albion match day.
Me too.
But yes it'll be nice to attend some matches, and get real crowd reactions.
"Ooo" when the ball goes miles wide. When a real reaction would likely be a jeer.