Anybody else looking forward to the break...
Heart 
from Albion in a few weeks ? 
I feel drained from them , staggering to promotion .
Falling out behind the scenes in the Summer , watching them go in so under prepared , Bilic falling to pieces , Fat Sam thinking he could stroll in , the Dec / Jan thrashings , some faint hope for a few weeks and now heading into the division below again.
Love the Albion but feck me its been hard work the last 18 months .
Bring on the break
(05-04-2021, 01:22 PM)Crossbar11 Wrote: from Albion in a few weeks ? 
Falling out behind the scenes in the Summer , watching them go in so under prepared , Bilic falling to pieces , Fat Sam thinking he could stroll in , the Dec / Jan thrashings , some faint hope for a few weeks and now heading into the division below again.
Bring on the break

All of the above. But add also the sheer vitriol on here. I know Hawks covered some of this the other day, but IMO the purely football-related polarisation of opinion is something we haven't seen since the days of Alan Irvine. Even Pardew didn't get quite the universal "fuck you" that Sam received. It's been disappointing to see respected posters as well as the known buffoons posting unreasonable opinions and unpleasant abuse.
(05-04-2021, 01:52 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
Bring on the break

All of the above. But add also the sheer vitriol on here. I know Hawks covered some of this the other day, but IMO the purely football-related polarisation of opinion is something we haven't seen since the days of Alan Irvine. Even Pardew didn't get quite the universal "fuck you" that Sam received. It's been disappointing to see respected posters as well as the known buffoons posting unreasonable opinions and unpleasant abuse.

He did from me. An utter, chancing wnaker we should have never even considered.
Since we've basically been relegated I've not really been as bothered by the disappointments. I just cant wait to get back in the ground, regardless of whether we are terrible or not Big Grin
Not me I absolutely love football and will be glad when the new season rolls around. To get back in the ground get back to away days boy I’ve missed them. No VAR just being done over by incompetent refs. From Middlesbrough to Bournemouth I can’t wait to get back on the road and show my Grandchildren why we love the Albion.
(05-04-2021, 01:57 PM)Fido Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 01:52 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
Bring on the break

He did from me. An utter, chancing wnaker we should have never even considered.

Pardew's credibility was pretty thin by the time we appointed him. No-one was thrilled, but the anti-Sam sentiment was on a completely different level, and arguably with less justification.
Not sure. I feel really flat about this season because I do think that if a few more issues had been worked on we could have been safe.
For me more important than who is in charge now is the fact the owners tried to squeeze out a side on an unrealistic amount of money, that only too late, they identified would have to be increased as they changed the manager and then provided some funds (even then too late) for him to spend.
I would love to know how much they spent in the end this season and how much better placed we could have been with this money if they had recognised the need at the start.
More than Bilic a manager who I liked but we all recognised had some serious flaws and Allardyce who I detest but has created a better structure at the club, I blame the Owners for what has been a sorry season.
I finish it not really angry but very disappointed that we have such an unworthy bunch in charge of our club.

On the other side Nervously I am very much looking forward to the upcoming Euro's though. I do see a Semi Final as a realistic target if things go our way.

Also The Olympics which will be different but is always a magical event IMO.
Bring on the break

Good post - I knew the medicine was going to be bad but Ive had enough of this now.  

The gulf in squad quality and debates over managerial culpability are one thing - I just cant believe how brainless some of our decision-making is on the field. Such a lack of basic nous. That Bartley chest-down is beyond belief...
(05-04-2021, 03:57 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
Bring on the break

Good post - I knew the medicine was going to be bad but Ive had enough of this now.  

The gulf in squad quality and debates over managerial culpability are one thing - I just cant believe how brainless some of our decision-making is on the field. Such a lack of basic nous. That Bartley chest-down is beyond belief...

Agree with this. There are some things that happen in our games where I'd have given my kids U13 team a bollocking for doing the same - two players going for the same ball or leaving it for one another (eg. Furlong/Pereira yesterday); backing off an on-coming attacker who is about to take a shot or not even bothering getting a block tackle in (Sawyers); not getting the ball away to a runner only to keep hold for too long and get into shit (Pereira/Gallagher/others).
I'll be counting down the days until i can get back in the ground. Cant wait to hear the click of a turnstyle as i walk through, then go up the steps and see the pitch and stands again, get to my spot and say hello to a few old faces who will hopefully be back too.