Don't understand Sam
(05-04-2021, 12:07 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:The Diangana situation is a real oddity. We can’t really know if it’s a real issue or a question of a manager stubbornly flexing his fatty muscles.

This club sure does have a few messes to sort out.

Massively disappointed with Diagana this season whatever the reasons.

We should now be giving him game time and experience with an eye on next season - what's the point on now giving AMN games for the benefit of Arsenal when we really need to Diagana and Grant play games.

You play your best team regardless in this league. Grant and Grady are both proven Championship match winners, and that's the level they will be playing next year. I would expect it to be for us and for both to make a real impact.
(05-04-2021, 01:15 PM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote:
HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:The Diangana situation is a real oddity. We can’t really know if it’s a real issue or a question of a manager stubbornly flexing his fatty muscles.

We should now be giving him game time and experience with an eye on next season - what's the point on now giving AMN games for the benefit of Arsenal when we really need to Diagana and Grant play games.

You play your best team regardless in this league. Grant and Grady are both proven Championship match winners, and that's the level they will be playing next year.  I would expect it to be for us and for both to make a real impact.

Grant and Grady either side of a Fortune-esque striker would boss the Championship, especially if Pereira is behind them.
(05-04-2021, 01:41 PM)Duffers Wrote:

You play your best team regardless in this league. Grant and Grady are both proven Championship match winners, and that's the level they will be playing next year.  I would expect it to be for us and for both to make a real impact.

Grant and Grady either side of a Fortune-esque striker would boss the Championship, especially if Pereira is behind them.

Grady - Periera - Robinson
——-——Diagne—————
(05-04-2021, 12:12 PM)Duffers Wrote: Said before that Grady needs to be reintegrated back into the side. Unless we’re prepared to take a huge loss he’s not going anywhere and he will be a real asset next season if fit and focused.

Needs an arm around the shoulder, this season written off and start afresh in the summer.

My thoughts too. Grady seemed to lose total confidence when he found out that he couldn't just waltz past Prem defenders.

If you look at last season our form seemed to go when Grady got injured. As much as Pereira lit up the division I thought Grady was our most influential player.

Come on Sam, get him re-integrated in the Summer.
Sam has improved us in certain respects. No doubt.

But in far too many games he has been too defence minded. And that, to be honest, is what probably cost us any chance of staying up.

Had we defended more against Leicester - where he attacked - and attacked more against Villa and Wolves - wher he set up defensively - we may well have another 4 or 5 points on the board.

If it was only those games, fair enough. But he made the same mistake time after time for me. Playing Diagne up front. Alone. And Pereira out of position. With Robinson on the bench. He got that wrong 9 times out of 10.

Same with playing OKAY, Gallagher and AMN. AMN and Gallagher should have alternated/subbed as required.

So for next season? If Fat Sam stays? As others have said, he needs to play to our strengths and not our weaknesses!

(05-04-2021, 01:43 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 01:41 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Grady - Periera - Robinson
——-——Diagne—————

+ 100

Thats the front four I want to see! Maybe even with Grant alongside Diagne if he can find the net.

What the hell if we concede 3 so long as we score 4?