Don't understand Sam
His hand is forced against Chelsea with 2 injuries so goes 4 4 2/ 4 4 1 1. We play fantastically and get a glimmer of hope. He admits he has to start with same 11 that ended the game v Chelsea against Southampton and hey presto, another great performance and win. We have to win tonight and yet we start with a narrow 5/3/1/1 with no Robinson or other wide player. Much as I like Gallagher's work rate and attitude he occupies a space in the team that could be occupied by someone far more creative and goal hungry. Not sure how Sam will set us up next season if he stays when we have to be on the front foot.
I would hope next season he'd concentrate on our strengths rather than nullifying them in an attempt to counteract the opposition's strengths.

I'd expect us to have one of the strongest squads in the division so wouldn't expect this to be an issue.
I think he worries about AMN in a two as he plays very far forward so there is a massive gap to Okay.
I don't  disagree with you, but I think Chelsea and Southampton were normal premiership situations  one game against 10 men, the other against a team  out of form with one eye on a cup semi final.

Against Leicester we were too open, at least in the last two games we have stayed in the game giving us a chance to win, rather than what happened at Leicester where we lost the game after 30 minutes.
(05-03-2021, 07:59 PM)Sheffbaggie Wrote: His hand is forced against Chelsea with 2 injuries so goes 4 4 2/ 4 4 1 1. We play fantastically and get a glimmer of hope. He admits he has to start with same 11 that ended the game v Chelsea against Southampton and hey presto, another great performance and win. We have to win tonight and yet we start with a narrow 5/3/1/1 with no Robinson or other wide player. Much as I like Gallagher's work rate and attitude he occupies a space in the team that could be occupied by someone far more creative and goal hungry. Not sure how Sam will set us up next season if he stays when we have to be on the front foot.

Agree.  As I’ve stated before (and accused of having an agenda for it, which I don’t, as I just say what I see, clearly other see it differently but I don’t accuse them of having an agenda) Gallagher for all his fantastic work rate, does not add value to the team as Robinson does.
I told you I’ll be back
I think we’ve looked better of late without Gallagher in the side.

It’s quite an odd one, because when we were at our most shite under Bilic, he looked like he was doing the work of two.

I can’t decide if he’s a sign we’ve improved beyond his ability to, or whether he’s a casualty of Sam coming in. Either way, I wouldn’t break our backs to keep him. Or Sam for that matter!
Gallagher had one of the worse displays of the season tonight ... by any Albion player this season.

Should have been taken off on the hour
Robinson was ill this week. I'm not saying that he wouldn't have gone with that starting 11 anyway, but that almost certainly made his decision earlier
Don't get why he hasn't given Diangana a chance yet. Surely he could have come off the bench?
The Diangana situation is a real oddity. We can’t really know if it’s a real issue or a question of a manager stubbornly flexing his fatty muscles.

This club sure does have a few messes to sort out.