Sam to resign tonight?
(04-25-2021, 08:32 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 08:28 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 08:25 PM)Duffers Wrote: Even if he did resign I would not accept this “never been relegated” bullshit, just as I don’t accept it for Pulis. If I had my way there would be medals for relegation, if a manager has been involved in 10+ matches then he gets a relegation against his name.

Allardyce has improved in recent weeks without doubt, but he deserves his share of the blame for December and January horror shows and the piss poor turnouts against Fulham, Sheff Utd, Newcastle and Palace that have ultimately proven to be terminal. We are in a much worse position in terms of points always from safety than when he arrived. Now it’s not all his fault but he has to take a share.

Not saying he's blameless bit I think your comments are OTT.
It took a while to change the Bilic holiday camp mentality and for the players to stop sulking.

Other managers seem to be able to walk into a club and change the mood straight away, the “new manager bounce” is a pretty common phenomenon in football.

Under Allardyce we had a hard splat.

Sam has the appearance of a man who often has a hard splat.
(04-25-2021, 08:25 PM)Duffers Wrote: Even if he did resign I would not accept this “never been relegated” bullshit, just as I don’t accept it for Pulis. If I had my way there would be medals for relegation, if a manager has been involved in 10+ matches then he gets a relegation against his name.

Allardyce has improved in recent weeks without doubt, but he deserves his share of the blame for December and January horror shows and the piss poor turnouts against Fulham, Sheff Utd, Newcastle and Palace that have ultimately proven to be terminal. We are in a much worse position in terms of points always from safety than when he arrived. Now it’s not all his fault but he has to take a share.

It took a while to change the Bilic holiday camp mentality and for the players to stop sulking.

Other managers seem to be able to walk into a club and change the mood straight away, the “new manager bounce” is a pretty common phenomenon in football.

Which is my main worry for next season in regards to keeping Allardyce. Working with the players who he struggled with early on. 

Is Allardyce going to get the best out of the likes of Sawyers, Diangana, Grant etc. 

He's going to have to work with players who he's cast aside this year.
Can only imagine what he would have done with the Grady and Grant money.
(04-25-2021, 08:29 PM)Wotty Wrote:

Yeah this ^^

Fact is, he’s taken us down

Throughout December & January he didn't have any glitter to roll his turds in
(04-25-2021, 08:36 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: Can only imagine what he would have done with the Grady and Grant money.

Well tbf.

Grady wasn't Bilic, that one is all Dowling so would have happened whoever was manager.

Grant is spread over so long as to be almost inconsequential this season. 

However Sam wouldn't have wanted Grant, or Krovinovic, and you'd hope would have chosen better than Ivanovic.
I think Big Sam already knows what’s going to happen and we will find out soon enough.
I still think Grady will come good.

I think a lot depends on what the previous manager has left behind. I can recall Moyes bearly keeping West Ham up after he took over.

Allardyce came in to an absolutely shockingly unfit, disorganised, pampered team, with no functioning midfield.
If we go down we should get at least £30 mill for both Sam J and Pereira.

Add to that £3 to 4 mill for Ferguson and that’s a decent transfer kitty. The benefit of having Sam here is that I’m sure we will use the overseas market well.

The biggest overhaul will be the midfield area. I’d love to see Okay to stay but it is unlikely.
(04-25-2021, 09:11 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: If we go down we should get at least £30 mill for both Sam J and Pereira.

Add to that £3 to 4 mill for Ferguson and that’s a decent transfer kitty. The benefit of having Sam here is that I’m sure we will use the overseas market well.

The biggest overhaul will be the midfield area.  I’d love to see Okay to stay but it is unlikely.

Why only £3m-£4m for Ferguson?  It will surely be between £7m and £10m.  His subsequent injury is irrelevant to his tribunal valuation. The assessment of his value is as a fit footballer.  He passed his medical for Palace when they signed him.  If he's a write-off then that's Palace's insurance problem, not ours.