How school trips have changed...
Malvern Outdoor Bounds Centre - loved it!
My 2 lads have been too.
(04-24-2021, 07:14 AM)Fido Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 06:05 AM)Supamart Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 12:28 PM)garyowensneck Wrote: My only ever school trip was a day out to Stokesy castle in Shropshire, it rained all day, not sure if we even got off the coach it was that bad.

We went there, plus somewhere else in Shropshire but I can’t remember the name. It was a place with lots of hiding places, for royals - have no idea why.

Sure it wasn’t for Catholic priests? We always seemed to go to Hartlebury to see a bloke make horseshoes and some old dear make corn dollies. I think I’d have preferred Costa Rica somehow.
Harvington Hall rings a bell. Place with loads of hiding places for Catholic priests. Staying in wooden huts around a football field. A huge gym with just medicine balls, Rounded off with playing a game of football against some Approved School. My school holiday trip to Astley Burf. (Not sure of the spelling, or if that was even the place). Bloody great.
(04-24-2021, 06:17 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 07:14 AM)Fido Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 06:05 AM)Supamart Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 12:28 PM)garyowensneck Wrote: My only ever school trip was a day out to Stokesy castle in Shropshire, it rained all day, not sure if we even got off the coach it was that bad.

We went there, plus somewhere else in Shropshire but I can’t remember the name. It was a place with lots of hiding places, for royals - have no idea why.

Sure it wasn’t for Catholic priests? We always seemed to go to Hartlebury to see a bloke make horseshoes and some old dear make corn dollies. I think I’d have preferred Costa Rica somehow.
Harvington Hall rings a bell. Place with loads of hiding places for Catholic priests. Staying in wooden huts around a football field. A huge gym with just medicine balls, Rounded off with playing a game of football against some Approved School. My school holiday trip to Astley Burf. (Not sure of the spelling, or if that was even the place). Bloody great.

Cheers Tom, that’s it.