Dognapping
(03-30-2021, 12:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 12:01 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Might seem extreme to non-dog owners/lovers, but killing someone for stealing/harming your pet is 100% justifiable imo.

What if your dog shit on a golf course? 

This message board is way better without football! West Bromwich who?

My dog is a rubbish golfer.
(03-30-2021, 12:23 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 12:01 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Might seem extreme to non-dog owners/lovers, but killing someone for stealing/harming your pet is 100% justifiable imo.

They're usually better at snooker
We have two cocker spaniels.My wife is a nervous wreck now, and they aren't the kind of dogs that are happy with a quick stroll around the block on a lead.
There was a time you bought a dog for security, to scare away undesirables. Sadly it's gone completely the opposite way.
We had two dogs when I was a kid. Both were mongrels. Both were great dogs and full of personality. Both would have attacked without hesitation if anyone had been daft enough to break in. We loved them and they seemed to love us. Mongrels don't tend to be overly prized by dognappers. Problem solved.
I've got a border terrier who very, very rarely gets let off because the little fugger will go after anything that moves and not come back, regardless of however many treats you have in your pocket. If you do have a spaniel, retriever, collie etc. they need to run off the lead. It's almost like you need to find very specific places to walk which aren't easily accessible by cars that someone can bundle them inside.
Great news this!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNCui15H_Vf/
(03-30-2021, 12:48 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 12:23 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:

They're usually better at snooker

Arf!
Know of one being stolen over Highgate Common a lady walking 2 dogs on her own approached by 2 men who were friendly then picked up one of the dogs and ran .another stolen in Leasowes Park . People in kingswinford and Wall Heath being followed . Can’t even walk your dog without looking over your shoulder anymore.
The first half an hour of the Jeremy Vine show on R2 today was about dognapping. It appears cross breeds are fair game too these days.
(03-30-2021, 11:30 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: I would go full on John Wick if anyone hurt my boy! 
A good tip is to get the dog to chew up 3 golf balls then keep them in your pocket in an old sock. If a copper stops you just tell him they're for the dog to chase in the park and the sock stops you getting a pocket full of spit. 
If an undesirable tries anything, go all out "Scum"

Nicking that idea but with a couple of old cricket balls and baseballs she's got at.

Thankfully my dog is more interested in herding me rather than running off when she's off the lead so, unless they physically assaulted me to get her, they're not getting her. Know there was a story in the north of the county near Nuneaton about thieves tagging lampposts with zip ties next to houses with dogs in them.