Dognapping
Seems to be more and more prevalent with the price of pups reaching an all-time high. Heard a few local stories about people secreting themselves away in park listening for dogs' names being called and tempting them away with treats when the owners are out of site. If anyone stole mine and I found out I'd go fuggin medieval on the cnuts.
This in Reading, my sister lives out that way and hasn’t long gotten a puppy. Will tell her to be wary.
(03-30-2021, 11:05 AM)Fido Wrote: Seems to be more and more prevalent with the price of pups reaching an all-time high. Heard a few local stories about people secreting themselves away in park listening for dogs' names being called and tempting them away with treats when the owners are out of site. If anyone stole mine and I found out I'd go fuggin medieval on the cnuts.

Aren't there always dogs needing (re)homing without theft Fiders?
My daughter and her boyfriend have gone out and got a golden retriever during lockdown and he is beautiful and now a massive part of the family, but as he cost £1,300 (and that was on the cheaper end of the market) there is a massive market out there for generating income and criminals know that the punishment is relatively low for the crime. I'm with Fido on this one in that I would go medieval on the fugger, but it makes it that my daughter can't walk him on her own because of the cnuts that we know are snatching them. At least one incident locally where someone has pulled up and given fuss to the dog and tried to get them into the car.

(03-30-2021, 11:08 AM)hudds Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 11:05 AM)Fido Wrote: Seems to be more and more prevalent with the price of pups reaching an all-time high. Heard a few local stories about people secreting themselves away in park listening for dogs' names being called and tempting them away with treats when the owners are out of site. If anyone stole mine and I found out I'd go fuggin medieval on the cnuts.

There are Hudds but people want pedigree and will pay for it. Crims know this and that if they get hold of a breed dog they can make a couple of grand overnight because there are still people that will pay without asking too many questions. Do that a few times and you are into £10k a month territory with no outgoings.
There was warning about this on the nosey neighbour thing online.

If someone took off with my dog I would kill them.
(03-30-2021, 11:17 AM)baggy1 Wrote: My daughter and her boyfriend have gone out and got a golden retriever during lockdown and he is beautiful and now a massive part of the family, but as he cost £1,300 (and that was on the cheaper end of the market) there is a massive market out there for generating income and criminals know that the punishment is relatively low for the crime. I'm with Fido on this one in that I would go medieval on the fugger, but it makes it that my daughter can't walk him on her own because of the cnuts that we know are snatching them. At least one incident locally where someone has pulled up and given fuss to the dog and tried to get them into the car.

(03-30-2021, 11:08 AM)hudds Wrote:

There are Hudds but people want pedigree and will pay for it. Crims know this and that if they get hold of a breed dog they can make a couple of grand overnight because there are still people that will pay without asking too many questions. Do that a few times and you are into £10k a month territory with no outgoings.
They also use them for breeding which is another horrible, horrible enterprise.
Best bet is to go to a rescue centre, there's planty out there, unfortunately. 

I would go full on John Wick if anyone hurt my boy! 
A good tip is to get the dog to chew up 3 golf balls then keep them in your pocket in an old sock. If a copper stops you just tell him they're for the dog to chase in the park and the sock stops you getting a pocket full of spit. 
If an undesirable tries anything, go all out "Scum"

It’s big business these days.

No surprise here
It is only right this thread was started by Fido.
Might seem extreme to non-dog owners/lovers, but killing someone for stealing/harming your pet is 100% justifiable imo.
(03-30-2021, 12:01 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Might seem extreme to non-dog owners/lovers, but killing someone for stealing/harming your pet is 100% justifiable imo.

What if your dog shit on a golf course? 

This message board is way better without football! West Bromwich who?