Dwight Gayle
No brainier for Newcastle I guess. If they survive he’s decent backup and a more than useful impact sub at this level. If they don’t, easily good enough for the chump.

It’s a sad fact however that despite being fringe player - at a side only two places above us in the table - he’s still better than anything we have. Another damning benchmark of how little we measured up this term in certain areas.
He's only as good as the chances you create for him so he'd have been about as much use as our forwards. Bear in mind it's two years since he was here, he's had a few injuries and only scored one goal this season, which was against us. Scoring against us has hardly been a difficult thing to do over the past few years has it?
(03-30-2021, 10:27 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: No brainier for Newcastle I guess. If they survive he’s decent backup and a more than useful impact sub at this level. If they don’t, easily good enough for the chump.

It’s a sad fact however that despite being fringe player - at a side only two places above us in the table - he’s still better than anything we have. Another damning benchmark of how little we measured up this term in certain areas.

It's a damning indictment that he's better than their £40m striker that I honestly think wouldn't get into our squad let alone starting XI, though.
I’m pretty sure Ashley was conned and he’s bought a Teeside dock worker called Joe Linton.
I would back Grant over Gayle now, I reckon Gayle is pretty much finished.  Grant is nearly 8 years younger and has a better scoring ratio than Gayle in the Prem over the last two seasons.  

Grant will come good.  If he scored 19 for Hudds in the Chump who were shite,  logic says he will do better in a team fighting for promotion, if selected.  

We'll see.
(03-30-2021, 06:49 PM)Hopalong Wrote: I would back Grant over Gayle now, I reckon Gayle is pretty much finished.  Grant is nearly 8 years younger and has a better scoring ratio than Gayle in the Prem over the last two seasons.  

Grant will come good.  If he scored 19 for Hudds in the Chump who were shite,  logic says he will do better in a team fighting for promotion, if selected.  

We'll see!

I’ll have what you’re having.
He seems to be a Guy Whittingham - fantastic at second tier level but, for whatever reason, unable to quite break-through at top level.
(03-30-2021, 06:49 PM)Hopalong Wrote: I would back Grant over Gayle now, I reckon Gayle is pretty much finished.  Grant is nearly 8 years younger and has a better scoring ratio than Gayle in the Prem over the last two seasons.  

We'll see.

I’ve been disappointed with Grant Hoppy. Esp when he was playing as a “9”.

I expected more from him. Way behind Watkins in terms of technique and ability.
(03-30-2021, 08:18 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

We'll see.

I’ve been disappointed with Grant Hoppy. Esp when he was playing as a “9”.

I expected more from him. Way behind Watkins in terms of technique and ability.

Lol!!!!!

Grant willu come good.  If he scored 19 for Hudds in the Chump who were shite,  logic says he will do better in a team fighting for promotion, if selected.  

We'll see.
Grant's going to be a issue , not a winger ....not a lone firward so we'll have to fit a system pretty much round him. Just to top it off its a 6 year deal , he's not in the sane class as Gayle mate . Never in a million years  .