Attendances 1968
(03-06-2021, 06:56 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 06:25 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Clever marketing wasn’t invented back then, oh....

We need the Marketing Manager at Coventry from 1968.......33K average attendances during a relegation battle. I can't remember them averaging above 20K when they were half decent
That was when Coventry got to the first division for the first time and it was a novelty to them then.

You can look at attendances in many ways, but there does seem an element of fans who seem to think you have to have a season ticket or you are some kind of imposter. Bizarre attitude as all clubs have occasional fans.
Where were all the Poles and the Asians?
It was impossible to get more than 2 seats together on a match day via carrier pigeon.
(03-06-2021, 09:37 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Where were all the Poles and the Asians?

Weirdly, when we played our last league game me and the lad were in the East Stand and there were 3 really rough pissed Polish lads a couple of rows from us. They kept on chanting "Kamil Grosicki!"
Think it was normal for most clubs gates to be up and down week to week in those days. Even the weather could make a difference. Form and who teams were playing also made a big difference. Mostly pay on the day, and folk picked and chose their games in those days.
(03-06-2021, 09:56 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Think it was normal for most clubs gates to be up and down week to week in those days. Even the weather could make a difference. Form and who teams were playing also made a big difference. Mostly pay on the day, and folk picked and chose their games in those days.

That's the best way. Somehow there seems to be some idea that we have to have all the seats sold by some fans.

I recall my dad, God rest him, used to work sometimes on a Saturday doing a 6-2 shift and that ruled us out.

Other days, I'd help him at his allotment and he'd suddenly say. It's a fine afternoon let's go up to the Albion. 

I can't wait to get back there myself, and will go more regularly. The lad is obsessed with the Albion now and got the home shirt at Christmas. Weird to think I've a photo on my phone of the two of us at the Wigan game and he's a typical 13 year old lad, who looks like a child. Since the lockdown he's grown miles and is now 6ft and in size 11 shoes.

A whole year not watching the Albion is weird for us but for young kids it must feel like forever.