Poll: Sam: Stay or Go?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Stay
84.75%
50 84.75%
Go
15.25%
9 15.25%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Quick poll...
(03-04-2021, 10:12 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 10:10 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Where's the "I didn't want him in the first place" option?

I still think he'll walk before the end of the season, so he doesn't have a relegation on his CV.

There isn't one.

Just don't vote.

(03-04-2021, 10:10 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 10:06 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 10:03 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 10:02 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Where the, "He's leaving at the end of the season anyway." option?

This. I'd be very surprised if he wants to manage in the Championship. Can't see it at all.

I still think we'll approach Appy.

Can't wait........

(03-04-2021, 10:04 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: If he wants to stay I'm happy for him to.

However I don't want us to convince him to, my concern isn't his ability, but his hunger and desire for the job.

This is purely based upon results so far.

If results, then no. He hasn't improved results anywhere near enough....

On the way we're playing, on the way we seem top actually be fitter, working harder and actually looking like we could have competed at this level... Yes he could stay.

Apologies.

What I meant.

But even results have taken an uptick.

Be interesting to see Ziz's opinion.

Depends on what direction the wind is blowing at that time of day.
(03-04-2021, 10:44 PM)waffle Wrote: He was brought in to keep us up and he’ll fail.  I get it, we’ve improved but I don’t particularly want Big Sam as a defining point of our recent history. Sooner the better for me.  I’m not here for the trophies, I’m here to feel proud.

Fucking good job!  Big Grin
(03-04-2021, 10:46 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 10:44 PM)waffle Wrote: He was brought in to keep us up and he’ll fail.  I get it, we’ve improved but I don’t particularly want Big Sam as a defining point of our recent history. Sooner the better for me.  I’m not here for the trophies, I’m here to feel proud.

Fucking good job!  Big Grin

Big Grin
Anyway our latest member is пруд на участке.

Let's hear what he's got to say about it all.

Probably Ziz's latest regeneration as a Russian dissident.
Opinions on here change with the wind it seems Wink
I supported Sam from the outset as I figured Slaven had lost his way. The players were soft, out of condition, and we seemed to collapse very easily in games.
Nor is Sam a Pulis. His football is nowhere near those dismal levels.

But then... as we got battered game after game... I did begin to wonder.

Since then? His signings have turned that around, so far. And we could easily have beaten Everton last night.

But I'd still like him to "go for" the teams around us more. And I am not convinced by his lack of Plan B. Ironically we were crying out for some long hoofs yesterday to mix things up a bit.

So for me, I voted for him to stay. But the jury is still out. There's been good and not-so-good.
(03-05-2021, 09:43 AM)Baggy Bruin Wrote: I supported Sam from the outset as I figured Slaven had lost his way. The players were soft, out of condition, and we seemed to collapse very easily in games.

Since then? His signings have turned that around, so far. And we could easily have beaten Everton last night.

But I'd still like him to "go for" the teams around us more. And I am not convinced by his lack of Plan B. Ironically we were crying out for some long hoofs yesterday to mix things up a bit.

So for me, I voted for him to stay. But the jury is still out. There's been good and not-so-good.

An attacking outlet wide left is the next priority after solidifying the shape and spine.
(03-05-2021, 10:02 AM)Fido Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 09:43 AM)Baggy Bruin Wrote: I supported Sam from the outset as I figured Slaven had lost his way. The players were soft, out of condition, and we seemed to collapse very easily in games.

An attacking outlet wide left is the next priority after solidifying the shape and spine.
Ooo, 'e's got the polari, an' 'e, Jules?

Ooo, Sand, an' the lallies...
If it continues as it is at the moment, then I think it would be great if he stayed. Even if we lose all three of our new key signings I trust Allardyce to identify what we need in the Championship and push the board to bring them in.

However, if we lose a couple and subsequently everyone downs tools again to the point where we're getting spanked week in week out then something fresh would be better. As it stands at the moment I'd keep him.