2030 World Cup
I can't say who'll get to host 2030, but I know who won't, and that's England!!
No chance. More likely to be some 'developing' country who are more than happy to assist with a few bank balances.
You'd think Oz might get a shot at some point considering they were royally (pun intended) fugged over with the Russia/Qatar debacle.
Wuhan. Nailed on.
(03-02-2021, 12:27 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:04 AM)Duffers Wrote: It’ll be due back in Europe and surely it’s our turn again...

You’re right though, FIFA does hate us.

No they don't. It will go to the country who pays the biggest bribes.

You may well be right. In the bids for 2018, England were offering free nights in a hotel, a handbag and some perfume for the delegates, ahem, `  special lady in their life` and the chance to shake hands with Prince William. Russia etc offered envelopes with 30 or 40 grand in them.
I can’t believe the FIFA delegates weren’t swayed by the opportunity to stand in the same room as Prince William.
(03-02-2021, 05:37 PM)Duffers Wrote: I can’t believe the FIFA delegates weren’t swayed by the opportunity to stand in the same room as Prince William.

If the deal had included hanging out the back of his sister-in-law we might have been in business. An opportunity lost.
(03-02-2021, 05:43 PM)Fido Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 05:37 PM)Duffers Wrote: I can’t believe the FIFA delegates weren’t swayed by the opportunity to stand in the same room as Prince William.

If the deal had included hanging out the back of his sister-in-law we might have been in business. An opportunity lost.

I'd have thought his missus would have been a better bribe!
Stirchley would offer much better bars than the whole of Qatar.
(03-02-2021, 10:00 AM)Duffers Wrote: It might be coming home...

Apparently Luxembourg and Liechtenstein to hold it.

They have the same number of fans as Qatar. The same number of cities too.

Dodgy