2030 World Cup
It might be coming home...
No chance, FIFA would rather it be in Xianjing, North Korea, Venezuela or Saudi Arabia than England.
It’ll be due back in Europe and surely it’s our turn again...

You’re right though, FIFA does hate us.
(03-02-2021, 10:04 AM)Duffers Wrote: It’ll be due back in Europe and surely it’s our turn again...

Simon Brodkin, a legendary stunt.. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/201...lee-nelson
(03-02-2021, 10:17 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:04 AM)Duffers Wrote: It’ll be due back in Europe and surely it’s our turn again...

Simon Brodkin, a legendary stunt.. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/201...lee-nelson

I’m sure FIFA can take a joke...

I doubt 2030 will be anywhere other than South America to be honest, Uruguay are making a joint bid for the 100th anniversary.
(03-02-2021, 11:32 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

I doubt 2030 will be anywhere other than South America to be honest, Uruguay are making a joint bid for the 100th anniversary.

It’s in the US and Mexico in 26 though.

Not sure they’d ever do three straight tournaments not in Europe. It’s where most of the money is.
(03-02-2021, 11:38 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 11:32 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

It’s in the US and Mexico in 26 though.

Not sure they’d ever do three straight tournaments not in Europe. It’s where most of the money is.

But that's Concacaf. The joint bid between Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay is Conmebol. I really think having the Estadio Centenario would sway it.

And the other bid is in Spain and Portugal.
Fortunately the likes of Grondona (who said Jews can’t be refs as it’s too much like hard work and said he would never vote for England for a WC until we handed back the Falklands) have moved on.

Unfortunately whilst the corruption of the old guard and the votes for favours mentality of many has reduced, there’s not much money to be made out of us hosting and that will hold us back.

No they don't. It will go to the country who pays the biggest bribes.