Over 20m vaccinated
(03-01-2021, 06:47 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 12:39 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Nearly third of the population? 

Only 15% of the population are over 65 so who are the other 10m?   Huh

Meanwhile, Auckland (2m pop) has been completely locked-down for 7 days following the discovery of a single case of Covid.

NHS staff, care workers, frontline emergency staff, people over 55...

And not forgetting those who have had the jab twice.
(03-01-2021, 07:32 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 07:11 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 07:08 AM)Duffers Wrote: However it has been cut, getting a third of the adult population jabbed in little over two months is a hell of an achievement.

Aye. And now a new Brazilian variant pops up to make the whole thing a waste of time and effort.

Nick thinks "It's quarter past seven and that's already enough optimism for one day..."

Troller’s gotta troll.
(03-01-2021, 07:08 AM)Duffers Wrote: However it has been cut, getting a third of the adult population jabbed in little over two months is a hell of an achievement.

Aye. And now a new Brazilian variant pops up to make the whole thing a waste of time and effort.

Full of fucking joy as usual Nick
(03-01-2021, 07:32 AM)Ossian Wrote:

Nick thinks "It's quarter past seven and that's already enough optimism for one day..."

Just a genuine concern that's all.
(03-01-2021, 07:22 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

That is the concern Nick hence why we’ve now imposed tougher restrictions on travel movement to and from overseas. Unless your under 16 as clearly this age group don’t catch Covid, or so the Gov’t believe with this policy Confused  I’d also fast test every lorry driver coming in to the country. 

20 million jabs.  I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a similar number to how many have had it already due to people not being offered tests at the start unless deemed high risk of dying and all the kids and young adults who are asymptomatic.

They reckon about 12m have had it, FF. By the time we reach all the over 50s we should start to see some real benefits.
Worth noting that the majority have had their first injection so there is a long way to go yet.
(03-01-2021, 12:39 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Nearly third of the population? 

Only 15% of the population are over 65 so who are the other 10m?   Huh

Meanwhile, Auckland (2m pop) has been completely locked-down for 7 days following the discovery of a single case of Covid.

18% of the population (12.39M of 67M) roughly are over 65. The 1st dose has included Health Care Workers as well so far and I'd imagine they have started on the over 60s in some areas as well (that's another 3.7M between 60 and 65 roughly)

Spot on Duffers, the bright shining light in this whole shitfest. Really positive news.

Not exactly Nick, there's 3 cases been identified and no-one knows how it will impact. The theory is that with the 3 mutations it will make the vaccine and prior immunity less effective in dealing with it. The problem comes with people taking the view that we're ok to carry on as normal now that the sun is out when we haven't even reached the date of the 1st relaxation of restrictions.
I think that June 21st date is maybe a worst case scenario date, because I feel that if they’ve announced the most earliest date that they think we can have complete normality back, being June 21st, then they’re setting themselves up to fall, because they know people will jump on their backs if they don’t meet it. It’s always best to say a later date that you really expect as it gives you some leeway and breathing room in case something goes wrong... maybe I’m being too optimistic ? But my one lad is early 30s and a few of his friends have had their injections already, without any underlying health conditions. They’re out Warwickshire way. I think in some districts they’re flying through the age groups quicker than we know. Hell of an achievement if we’re being honest. Onwards and upwards.
If any of you care to watch the Horizon special about the virus, on last week, with those two Doctor brothers, new variants are par for the course. The media making this into a big news story should hopefully be used to make some of the more casual be a little more vigilant. A few more weeks of good behaviour with vaccines rolling out and weather improving will ensure we're on the way back to the more normal world.
Sadly though, it's the morons which all society has that governs the speed we get through this.
(03-01-2021, 09:07 AM)MozzasRocket Wrote: I think that June 21st date is maybe a worst case scenario date, because I feel that if they’ve announced the most earliest date that they think we can have complete normality back, being June 21st, then they’re setting themselves up to fall, because they know people will jump on their backs if they don’t meet it. It’s always best to say a later date that you really expect as it gives you some leeway and breathing room in case something goes wrong... maybe I’m being too optimistic ? But my one lad is early 30s and a few of his friends have had their injections already, without any underlying health conditions. They’re out Warwickshire way. I think in some districts they’re flying through the age groups quicker than we know. Hell of an achievement if we’re being honest. Onwards and upwards.

My understanding is that 21st June is the best-case scenario and if the situation gets worse as things are relaxed, we could well see that date pushed to july/august.