Over 20m vaccinated
Nearly third of the population? 

Only 15% of the population are over 65 so who are the other 10m?   Huh

Meanwhile, Auckland (2m pop) has been completely locked-down for 7 days following the discovery of a single case of Covid.
Not sure how many it is, but a lot of front line staff have been vaccinated too.
Had a test myself Saturday morning as I was showing symptoms. Tested positive... Great, hopefully it doesn't get any worse than mild symptoms. Off work till a week tomorrow now..
(03-01-2021, 12:39 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Nearly third of the population? 

Only 15% of the population are over 65 so who are the other 10m?   Huh

Meanwhile, Auckland (2m pop) has been completely locked-down for 7 days following the discovery of a single case of Covid.

NHS staff, care workers, frontline emergency staff, people over 55...
My wife had the jab and she's 58, I'm approaching 62 and still haven't, reckon it's because she had tb as a kid.

I know plenty of over 50's who have either had it or are booked up it in the next weeks.

Shouldn't this post be on the politics page so the pro/anti eu gang can have a squabble over it Smile
However it has been cut, getting a third of the adult population jabbed in little over two months is a hell of an achievement.
(03-01-2021, 07:08 AM)Duffers Wrote: However it has been cut, getting a third of the adult population jabbed in little over two months is a hell of an achievement.

Aye. And now a new Brazilian variant pops up to make the whole thing a waste of time and effort.
(03-01-2021, 07:11 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 07:08 AM)Duffers Wrote: However it has been cut, getting a third of the adult population jabbed in little over two months is a hell of an achievement.

Aye. And now a new Brazilian variant pops up to make the whole thing a waste of time and effort.

No it doesn’t. This is where track and trace needs to work, plus the vaccine can be altered. There will be years of variants appearing,it’s what viruses do.
New varients lol..... A bit of sun people are out let's get a new story to get the fear back out and remember I'm very keep to the rules they are taking the raving piss..... Get jabbed and get back to normality.

(03-01-2021, 07:15 AM)HugeHons Wrote:

No it doesn’t. This is where track and trace needs to work, plus the vaccine can be altered. There will be years of variants appearing,it’s what viruses do.
Until rishi sunak gives protection for wages track and trace is a, waste of time.....

That is the concern Nick hence why we’ve now imposed tougher restrictions on travel movement to and from overseas. Unless your under 16 as clearly this age group don’t catch Covid, or so the Gov’t believe with this policy Confused  I’d also fast test every lorry driver coming in to the country. 

20 million jabs.  I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a similar number to how many have had it already due to people not being offered tests at the start unless deemed high risk of dying and all the kids and young adults who are asymptomatic.

Nick thinks "It's quarter past seven and that's already enough optimism for one day..."