This Big Sam love in
Madness trying to be edgy again I see.

Wanting a manager to succeed and realising the magnitude of the task is to be criticised.

Slating the manager with childish names before he even arrived, then trying their best to play down any improvement whilst amplifying the negatives is to be applauded.

I want us to get out the Championship at the first time of asking and I believe Allardyce is best equipped to do that. ‘You love Allardyce you do’ nonsense.

I don’t recall the same ott criticism and name calling with regards to the appointment of Bilic by those that didn’t particularly think it was a good appointment, there was an acceptance that we wanted it to work for the good of the club. That might be the reason some use the words young, hungry, progressive to poke fun at them because they are the same fans who don’t really want Allardyce to succeed either because it makes them look daft, it doesn’t fit with how they like the game played or they never wanted Bilic sacked.

Cries of ‘I wanted it to work but, but, but’ will now follow
The brilliant thing about football 'purists' is that they cannever be wrong in their head.

They prop themselves up against their over inflated idea of how the game should be played by saying things like 'You wait and see...' and '...just cause we're winning games doesnt mean he ay shit!'. Then when it inevitably does go wrong, which most tenures do, they trot out the usual, 'Told you he was shit...' or '... these dinosaurs all get found out eventually!'.
(03-01-2021, 03:32 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Shouldn’t there be a Luke Dowling love in then as it was him who signed them..... Grabs tin hat.....

No, you clearly don’t understand. Everybody ‘knows’ that Dowling is only responsible for the signings that turn out to be crap. The good ones * are all down to whoever is manager at the time and nothing to do with the guy to whom the scouting and recruitment staff report.

* until they turn crap, when it’s all down to Dowling again.
(03-01-2021, 06:41 PM)Everything Zin Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 03:32 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Shouldn’t there be a Luke Dowling love in then as it was him who signed them..... Grabs tin hat.....

No, you clearly don’t understand. Everybody ‘knows’ that Dowling is only responsible for the signings that turn out to be crap. The good ones * are all down to whoever is manager at the time and nothing to do with the guy to whom the scouting and recruitment staff report.

* until they turn crap, when it’s all down to Dowling again.

Very true.. every year we have these accepted narratives on here and by and large they are bollocks
Results are all that matter at the moment regardless of how they are achieved.
Our form over the last 3 games would get us 63 points over a season...that would put us in 5th place last season

;-)
I do find the “we were lucky” stick to beat Allardyce with a little odd. We weren’t great and on another day we could have drawn or lost, but we didn’t.

Yet the same critics wouldn’t apply the same logic to Burnley last week and say we were unlucky, would they? If you applied “luck” and the notion of “deserving” to the last two matches we would still have four points.
(03-01-2021, 03:24 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: im glad things have picked up, and the squad has improved.  we look a LOT more solid.  its taken time, but he's had a positive impact.

This.

Always maintained that we shouldn't judge him until mid February, when his signings had started to bed in. Pity it's all too little, too late. If only we could have picked up another 6 points by now, I would be confident we could stay up with Sam managing this squad.

I would be happy if he stays next season (I don't think he will mind you), but likewise I won't be to disappointed if he leaves (depending on who we appoint obviously).
(02-28-2021, 01:08 PM)Madness Wrote: Where has it come from. We were lucky yesterday and now you get people praising him to the hilt. He has done a dodgy job & our best players aside from Johnstone are the loanees, Not his fault but he was supposed to be this guru who can get us away from relegation. This hasn't happened at all. 

Yes we are on a decent run but we have failed to beat Sheff United, Fulham, Burnley (All must win games) Yesterday we got away with it. Sorry to be doom but very little has changed at all.

Spot on, he's made us more solid - which frankly is his mantra - and despite starting appallingly badly where he alientated himself from the players we're now looking more solid, the camp is happier and we're pulling in the right direction

Too little too late? Most likely, had he excelled? No, had he under achieved, so far? probably, let's see where we are at the end of the seaon but the reach around for him from some and the desire to have him here next season is top level head wobbling in all honesty....

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Unfortunately fans are all the same,one game your an over the top hero and a defeat means your useless,haven’t got a clue etc.When we appointed Pardew I wanted him sacked every day he was at the club because his back ground and coaching ability wasn’t good enough for us.Allardyce on the other hand I thought was someone who would give us a fighting chance all be it he was left with players set in the Bilic mould.It’s not a love in but Sam does deserve a bit of respect for the amount of matches he has had in the Premier League.Some of the absolute rubbish I read about his body language and because he generally doesn’t get so involved as Bilic did means he doesn’t want to be here.It’s utter rubbish,he used to be sat in the stand first half at Bolton and come down second half,every manager has his own way.If we do go down it won’t be Allardyce shouldering the blame but our poor recruitment earlier on.