This Big Sam love in
Where has it come from. We were lucky yesterday and now you get people praising him to the hilt. He has done a dodgy job & our best players aside from Johnstone are the loanees, Not his fault but he was supposed to be this guru who can get us away from relegation. This hasn't happened at all. 

Yes we are on a decent run but we have failed to beat Sheff United, Fulham, Burnley (All must win games) Yesterday we got away with it. Sorry to be doom but very little has changed at all.
Bump.
(02-28-2021, 01:08 PM)Madness Wrote: Where has it come from. We were lucky yesterday and now you get people praising him to the hilt. He has done a dodgy job & our best players aside from Johnstone are the loanees, Not his fault but he was supposed to be this guru who can get us away from relegation. This hasn't happened at all. 

Yes we are on a decent run but we have failed to beat Sheff United, Fulham, Burnley (All must win games) Yesterday we got away with it. Sorry to be doom but very little has changed at all.

Couldn't agree more.

Was nice to have some luck - probably used it all up in one game - but that second half was as flat, poor and devoid of quality as anything we've seen all season. Felt sorry for Diagne in the end I mean he was basically running around like a blind man trying to find a ball.

But a good result breeds confidence and hopefully that will bring more composure and quality. Trouble is they've shunted Everton in before Newcastle. I'll be interested to see what team he puts out because we need to win them all but he will have an eye on Newcastle. We simply can't throw another game. We need at least a point and a win v Newcastle
We've gotten 5 points in our last 3 games after getting 12 in 23. It's not a big Sam 'love in' but it's fine to give him some credit because for the first time this season we actually look like we can compete.

On the contrary there's a large group of our fans who think giving Sam any credit whatsoever, no matter how small, is somehow a case of everyone giving him a reach-around and he doesn't deserve any praise at all.

I don't even like the bloke, but I find the desire to strip him of any credit a little embarrassing. Some "fans" genuinely seem miffed that he's actually turned us into a competitive team in the past few games.
(03-01-2021, 02:53 PM)Sliced Wrote: We've gotten 5 points in our last 3 games after getting 12 in 23. It's not a big Sam 'love in' but it's fine to give him some credit because for the first time this season we actually look like we can compete.

On the contrary there's a large group of our fans who think giving Sam any credit whatsoever, no matter how small, is somehow a case of everyone giving him a reach-around and he doesn't deserve any praise at all.

I don't even like the bloke, but I find the desire to strip him of any credit a little embarrassing. Some "fans" genuinely seem miffed that he's actually turned us into a competitive team in the past few games.

I agree. We actually look like a coherent football on the pitch now, as opposed to a collection of players. Allardyce deserves credit for that, at least.

We look much fitter too, as opposed to half dead after 70 minutes.
I’m no lover of Allardyce, wasn’t massively in favour of his appointment but nor was I vehemently against it. By mid-January I was thinking it was turning into a disaster of Pardew-esque proportions. However since the window closed and he has been able to get his own players in and get some time on the training ground it would be ludicrous to deny that there has been a considerable improvement. The squad looks fitter, better organised and is showing the fight that was sorely lacking previously. We are still more than likely going down but at least now we seem to be going with a little bit of fight, all you can really ask for at this stage.

Were we lucky on Saturday? Undoubtedly. Have we been unlucky at various points this season? Also undoubtedly. Nature of the beast.
'A 'love-in'. To be fair that sounds like you are a shock-Jock, because it's a bit over the top.
The vast majority of fans, I would assuredly guess, are less than impressed with Big Sam's tenure so far, but a good few have voiced an opinion that we have improved, which we have.
He's a long way from a bronze statue outside the East Stand, whilst you're a short way from replacing Adrian Durham
we were as lucky as palace were against Brighton, and I doubt they'll be going down, just. Sort of where we need to be.
Two things for me regardless of whether we go down.

Players are trying their best. 
Players that he has signed have improved us.
(03-01-2021, 02:53 PM)Sliced Wrote: We've gotten 5 points in our last 3 games after getting 12 in 23. It's not a big Sam 'love in' but it's fine to give him some credit because for the first time this season we actually look like we can compete.

+1