Covid Vaccination ID
(04-14-2021, 11:17 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:07 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Lockdowns will be used where they are needed and if they are needed. If the numbers in hospital rise above 5k again then I'd expect to see them introduced, that really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I've said many times, the more get vaccinated, the more we reduce the spread, the less likely we have a lockdown. It really is as simple as get vaccinated or we will likely see lockdowns.

Brazil has shown that this isn't just the over 50s anymore, time for people to start taking collective responsibility here before it s too late.

Lockdown back in full next winter IMO. I was told that I was ignoring the vaccine programme when myself and Nick said this. Now strangely Boris said the majority of the drop in cases is due to lockdown, not vaccinations. While on the same day Hancock said the vaccine has saved over 10k lives. I don’t get that, it seems a ridiculous contradiction.

We are fucked IMO. I really don’t think people are grasping the severity of the economic situation (or mental health).

Lockdowns will only be used if numbers in hospital start moving up above 5k, there is no other reason why it would be needed. If we don't get people vaccinated then expect those numbers in hospital to rise. If I were you I would be spelling this out to all those that say they are not having the vaccine, otherwise expect lockdowns - simple.

We're only fucked whilst we have people think that they know better.
(04-14-2021, 11:24 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:17 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:07 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Lockdowns will be used where they are needed and if they are needed. If the numbers in hospital rise above 5k again then I'd expect to see them introduced, that really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I've said many times, the more get vaccinated, the more we reduce the spread, the less likely we have a lockdown. It really is as simple as get vaccinated or we will likely see lockdowns.

Brazil has shown that this isn't just the over 50s anymore, time for people to start taking collective responsibility here before it s too late.

Lockdown back in full next winter IMO. I was told that I was ignoring the vaccine programme when myself and Nick said this. Now strangely Boris said the majority of the drop in cases is due to lockdown, not vaccinations. While on the same day Hancock said the vaccine has saved over 10k lives. I don’t get that, it seems a ridiculous contradiction.

We are fucked IMO. I really don’t think people are grasping the severity of the economic situation (or mental health).

Lockdowns will only be used if numbers in hospital start moving up above 5k, there is no other reason why it would be needed. If we don't get people vaccinated then expect those numbers in hospital to rise. If I were you I would be spelling this out to all those that say they are not having the vaccine, otherwise expect lockdowns - simple.

We're only fucked whilst we have people think that they know better.

Lol, I know they’ll be introduced if numbers go up. That was exactly mine and Nick’s point. We got told this wouldn’t happen due to the vaccines. The numbers will go up. I’m not telling anyone what to do mate, people are entitled to do what they want with their bodies.

We are fucked. The division this is going to create is awful. I’m not going to be part of that division by telling people what to do. It’s none of my business. I’m afraid the distrust in government will only increase with contradictions like yesterday’s between Boris and Hancock’s statements.

But I firmly believe we’re not on the home straight as some think, I firmly believe the chaos hasn’t even started yet.
You seem to be stuck in a binary world where vaccines alone will work, they are a tool in the armoury to use alongside social distancing, testing, masks and if needed lockdowns. It is becoming clear that without the majority of people vaccinated we will have to rely on the other tools including lockdowns.

The striking point in all of this is the stupidity of people and their 'distrust of authority / government'. These appear to be the same people who trust 'experts' on social media that have constantly been wrong about 'we've reached herd immunity', 'it's seasonal', 'it's endemic not pandemic', 'the vaccines are dangerous', 'the vaccine can cause infertility', 'we don't need lockdowns' - that really is strikingly stupid.
(04-14-2021, 11:45 AM)baggy1 Wrote: You seem to be stuck in a binary world where vaccines alone will work, they are a tool in the armoury to use alongside social distancing, testing, masks and if needed lockdowns. It is becoming clear that without the majority of people vaccinated we will have to rely on the other tools including lockdowns.

The striking point in all of this is the stupidity of people and their 'distrust of authority / government'. These appear to be the same people who trust 'experts' on social media that have constantly been wrong about 'we've reached herd immunity', 'it's seasonal', 'it's endemic not pandemic', 'the vaccines are dangerous', 'the vaccine can cause infertility', 'we don't need lockdowns' - that really is strikingly stupid.

The Swiss Cheese model

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt...da6b0acb3f
(04-14-2021, 11:45 AM)baggy1 Wrote: You seem to be stuck in a binary world where vaccines alone will work, they are a tool in the armoury to use alongside social distancing, testing, masks and if needed lockdowns. It is becoming clear that without the majority of people vaccinated we will have to rely on the other tools including lockdowns.

Not at all. I said we’d be back in lockdown despite vaccines. I was told we were on the home straight due to them. I fully believe that vaccines aren’t simply going to get us back to normal, so not binary at all. I do think the vast majority will be vaccinated though, but that still won’t be enough.

I agree they’re a tool, but I believe that with continued restrictions, social distancing, lockdowns, we are economically fucked to a level that hardly anyone is comprehending. I think there’s an absolute economic explosion to come. I hope I’m talking nonsense and we’re all laughing at my doom in a couple of years. I’ll be happy to laugh with you if that’s the case. But I think we are fucked. The carnage hasn’t even started yet.

In my experience those who distrust authority aren’t simply believing things on Facebook. That’s what you’ve been told they are like by the media so I can’t change your mind, but that’s not my experience. I do find it interesting how many people don’t trust Johnson in the slightest on anything, yet do in relation to all things covid. But anyway, it doesn’t matter, this is just my prediction and I very much hope I’m wrong.
baggy1 Wrote:You seem to be stuck in a binary world where vaccines alone will work, they are a tool in the armoury to use alongside social distancing, testing, masks and if needed lockdowns. It is becoming clear that without the majority of people vaccinated we will have to rely on the other tools including lockdowns.

Almost as if you had DH in mind Big Grin

It's all very well saying this but which Government are we supposed to trust? For example with the AZ jab we are not using it on under 30's whilst  others are using it only on people over 50 and Denmark have banned it all together. Who is correct?
(04-14-2021, 12:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:

It's all very well saying this but which Government are we supposed to trust? For example with the AZ jab we are not using it on under 30's whilst  others are using it only on people over 50 and Denmark have banned it all together. Who is correct?

Plus the government keep lying and moving goalposts. So people are going to trust them less and less.

It's not which one is correct or not, they are all making decisions based on their perceived risk. It is logical to think that the AZ vaccine is safe based on the tens of millions of doses dished out and the handful of cases that have subsequently suffered with a bloodclot. They are being cautious until they get more information but the reality is that it is extremely unlikely that this would be a widespread problem. The govts are making decisions based on their options available and the rollout timetable, it is the only vaccine with any issues to investigate so they are using other options, they're not stopping using it.

(04-14-2021, 12:08 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Plus the government keep lying and moving goalposts. So people are going to trust them less and less.

You should mention that more often, it would give someone else the option to point out that facts change. Fucks sake bb, give up on this one.
(04-14-2021, 01:10 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

It's not which one is correct or not, they are all making decisions based on their perceived risk. It is logical to think that the AZ vaccine is safe based on the tens of millions of doses dished out and the handful of cases that have subsequently suffered with a bloodclot. They are being cautious until they get more information but the reality is that it is extremely unlikely that this would be a widespread problem. The govts are making decisions based on their options available and the rollout timetable, it is the only vaccine with any issues to investigate so they are using other options, they're not stopping using it.

(04-14-2021, 12:08 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

You should mention that more often, it would give someone else the option to point out that facts change. Fucks sake bb, give up on this one.

No need for that. You mention telling everyone they should get vaccinated on a lot of posts repeatedly but I don’t make comments like that to you and tell you to give up. It’s a forum, if you don’t like my posts don’t read them. I won’t give up saying something because you tell me to. I’m certainly not trolling, it is a valid point.

And on that point, I don’t accept that the facts have changed enough for some of the incidents of goalposts moving. I simply think the government have lied knowing full well they were going to change their stance. So I won’t give up on that point. If you want to believe the governments narrative that’s fine. There’s been too many changes and contradictions and Uturns for me not to question them.