Brighton.
(02-04-2021, 08:15 PM)Dial M for Mick Wrote: You do realise that Zuiverloon was signed based on his performance in a pre season friendly against Heerenveen a full year before Ashworth was in the job, don't you? Worrall made his one and only appearance for us even earlier than that! If you want to blame anyone for the poor signings we made under Mowbray, blame Simon Hunt, who actually was the Technical Director at the time.

Hunt was not very good.
I really hope he was known as Shunt!
(02-04-2021, 08:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Well never thought I'd see a West Brom fan that hated Ashworth.

Wenger turned down Zlatan, almost every European club turned down Messi as a teenager. Fact is there are more mistakes made at that level than successes due to the unpredictability of player development.

Ashworth was fantastic for us, and then England, the FA coaching set up throughout English football was a big part of his time in the FA, I know a few coaches in the game at various levels who say how great he is.

However one random guy on WBAunofficial says different. I know who I believe.

So which formerly banned, returning poster are you?

Give him his proper title.
He was a fucking suit who copied everyone.
(02-04-2021, 08:26 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 08:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Well never thought I'd see a West Brom fan that hated Ashworth.

Wenger turned down Zlatan, almost every European club turned down Messi as a teenager. Fact is there are more mistakes made at that level than successes due to the unpredictability of player development.

Ashworth was fantastic for us, and then England, the FA coaching set up throughout English football was a big part of his time in the FA, I know a few coaches in the game at various levels who say how great he is.

Give him his proper title.
He was a fucking suit who copied everyone.

“Never kicked a ball...”

I don't hate or have a beef with Ashworth, I just choose to see what he really was. 

Someone who copied what was around Europe and around the world. 

Ask the few coaches you know what he actually introduced to the British game, as maybe we are holding the wrong person in Wenger and others in high esteem in the way they changed the ways and diets and what was done, when they arrived. 

Or are your mates jumping on the same bandwagon that he was poached by England so he must be great.

Maybe, everything since football began in 1992 (as beer bellied blokes played before apparently) is down to Ashworth and we have been really unlucky to see one player in Bera, who hs truly shone. 

I have many Albion heroes, DA isn't one of them.
I moron, would like to show what has been claimed DA has done for English game and setting up the academy system is untrue. 

This bbc link shows the EPPP academy system began in 2011 with the inspiration from Germany :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28295153

This link shows DA was appointed by the FA in late 2012:
h
ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Ashworth

This link shows DA became WBA FC Sporting and technical director in 2007 so was one in charge when zuvi was signed in 2008:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.birming...-47436.amp

Sorry for boring you all again, but I just could not let the blatant lies told in defence of this football genius who fortunately for us all rejected loads of offers (yeah right) to start with a clean slate and reinvent the game again. Him having studied in Brighton and liking it had nothing to do with it. The lure of improving our game (again) was the foremost in his brilliant mind. 

For everything he did for us I think  we should change the A in WBA to Ashworth and I urge BHA to do the same.
(02-05-2021, 06:24 PM)Korenavirus Wrote: For everything he did for us I think  we should change the A in WBA to Ashworth and I urge BHA to do the same.

“We all follow the Ashworth, lurking behind the scenes (and plantpots)”
(02-07-2021, 01:48 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 06:24 PM)Korenavirus Wrote: For everything he did for us I think  we should change the A in WBA to Ashworth and I urge BHA to do the same.

“We all follow the Ashworth, lurking behind the scenes (and plantpots)”
Nice one. 

I just cannot believe the love (and the blatant lies tops in his defence) for this bloke who made more bad signings than good and set up a youth system that has produced as many top flight regulars as Walsall and Cov and less than Birmingham.

I am sure that if he really was the second coming the cunt peace would have had him feeding 20,000 (at £4 a pop) of us at before kick off with one mouldy pie and sold raffle tickets for half time bullshit to see how far he could have walked on water before his suit got wet.

He was an average TD, who did an average job, yet he's up there with an Albion God like Megson.