Lampard
TBF he seemed to do better when they couldn't make transfers (ahem!)... Then again they still had Chelsea quality players already in, it seems like many when he gets to spunk the cash he's not very good at spotting a good player.
(01-25-2021, 12:41 PM)MassDebater Wrote: TBF he seemed to do better when they couldn't make transfers (ahem!)... Then again they still had Chelsea quality players already in, it seems like many when he gets to spunk the cash he's not very good at spotting a good player.

I doubt he had much say in the signings to be honest.

The fact he doesn't seem to know what to do with Werner and Havertz certainly backs that idea up. 

Rumours are he's barely spoken to the players since the summer because he's been in a strop that the board refused to buy Declan Rice back.
Could be wrong but I don't think he'll have the appetite to manage again. Probably become a pundit.
(01-25-2021, 12:52 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Could be wrong but I don't think he'll have the appetite to manage again. Probably become a pundit.

Or Loose Women?
His time at Derby was hugely helped by the fact he had 3 excellent PL quality players in Mount, Tomori and Wilson... I imagine any team in the Champ with those 3 would have had a shot at the playoffs, especially given he had a few million to spend too. The night they spanked us at home Mount was absolutely unplayable.
(01-25-2021, 12:52 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Could be wrong but I don't think he'll have the appetite to manage again. Probably become a pundit.

I don't think he's interesting enough, personally, but then BT Sport gave fuggin Michael Owen a job so who knows...
(01-25-2021, 11:10 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: He seemed to do a good job last season with breaking the young players into the first team (which he had no choice) but threw all that out of the window to spend big money this season which hasn't worked out. Chelsea job is a tough one, you'll never get given many years. One bad run and you're out. Reminds me of another club!

That was a disappointment but Ive got no idea if there was external pressure or not too spend.
I just ask this about Lampard what did he do at Derby to warrant the Chelsea job for me nothing. His name got him the job he may become a decent manager but for me he was never ready for Chelsea . Could he now end up at another championship or Newcastle.
(01-25-2021, 04:20 PM)wba13 Wrote: I just ask this about Lampard what did he do at Derby to warrant the Chelsea job for me nothing. His name got him the job he may become a decent manager  but for me he was never ready for Chelsea . Could he now end up at another championship or Newcastle.

Correct. One ‘decent’ year at derby. Managers like dyche at Burnley perform year after year and don’t get a sniff of the top jobs.
(01-25-2021, 01:52 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: His time at Derby was hugely helped by the fact he had 3 excellent PL quality players in Mount, Tomori and Wilson...  I imagine any team in the Champ with those 3 would have had a shot at the playoffs, especially given he had a few million to spend too. The night they spanked us at home Mount was absolutely unplayable.

Bang on the money