Lampard
Rumours circulating that he’s a gonna !! Hope this don’t affect Gallagher’s loan situation
I doubt it will. There’s no real reason for them to recall him right now, not like they haven’t already got plenty of midfield options.
With all due respect to Gallagher he is a bit of a way off from playing in their first team.

He's had a decent season and is going to be a very good player but he's got a fair bit to go yet.
(01-25-2021, 09:54 AM)Poppy’s dad Wrote: Rumours circulating that he’s a gonna !! Hope this don’t affect Gallagher’s loan situation

I do too but they currently have 31 players on loan so we could be unlucky (again) but there is no way they will be recalling many IMO.

Source - https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/on-lo...ab=players
(01-25-2021, 10:39 AM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 09:54 AM)Poppy’s dad Wrote: Rumours circulating that he’s a gonna !! Hope this don’t affect Gallagher’s loan situation

I do too but they currently have 31 players on loan so we could be unlucky (again) but there is no way they will be recalling many IMO.

Source - https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/on-lo...ab=players

20 odd of those will probably never play for Chelsea, and out of the MCs they have out on loan, he’s probably the most likely to get a chance there (imagine Loftus-Cheek and Barkley are being plumped up for a sale) however there are plenty of other options ahead of Gallagher in their squad so would assume we’re safe.
Harsh on Fat Frank as they are still in champions league. Werner & Havertz not overnight success the issue. OGS given more time & worse results, the patience seems to be paying off.

Wouldn’t lose any sleep if Gallagher returned & we got Choudrey, Tosun loans. He has been decent, particularly earlier on, but It was a low bar & I would be happy to strengthen & him not be a shoe-in,
I'd have Lampard as our next manager next season - think he'll struggle to get a better job than us at the moment, although you could see him going abroad
(01-25-2021, 10:59 AM)aj21 Wrote: I'd have Lampard as our next manager next season - think he'll struggle to get a better job than us at the moment, although you could see him going abroad

Can't say I've been impressed with him too much. Didn't set the world alight at Derby, been ok at Chelsea, decent last season, but there were concerns even when tehy were doing well that they were defensively very fragile and he makes very strange decisions.
I doubt Thomas Tuchel's ever heard of Connor Gallagher, nor will he be very high on his to do list this month.
He seemed to do a good job last season with breaking the young players into the first team (which he had no choice) but threw all that out of the window to spend big money this season which hasn't worked out. Chelsea job is a tough one, you'll never get given many years. One bad run and you're out. Reminds me of another club!