Livermore / Field
He has shown an ability to find space and "ghost" into goal scoring positions when picked. He is far better at this than Sawyers and Livermore
(01-20-2021, 11:02 AM)brada_wba Wrote: Field and Harper would do no worse than Sawyers and Livermore.

They would however have the potential to improve.

They were nowhere near good enough for the Championship, how would they cut it in the Prem?

They both need loans and playing every week, they are miles behind Livermore, Sawyers and Krov currently on pretty much every level

Cuzer

(01-19-2021, 08:40 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:28 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Worked his socks off and broke up many of West Hams attacks

I wonder what game some people watch at times

Field is a better passer? Maybe

But he’s twice as slow as Livermore and he’s hardly quick

It’s Sawyers or Field, Sawyers and Field would be static

Cuzer
Pointless breaking up attacks and then with your next pass  handing it back to them for another go

Which happens what, one in five? Let's be realistic if we're going to be critical?

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-20-2021, 12:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I've never understood the can't run argument either. His goals have come from running deep from midfield.

If he's given a role to do, he does it, sometimes that means he isn't running around everywhere like Gallagher, but he covers grown just as well as Livermore or Sawyers does.

He's extremely one paced Birdy, very slow over the initial few yards

He's a sitter, fine in a midfield 3 with two runners ahead of him but he hasn't got anything like the legs to play in a flat midfield four

I like the kid but he needs games, in our current predicament we can't be giving Field and Harper games to "see how they do" it's also very much against Sam's way, look at his subs so far, it's HRK, Furlong, he only seems to trust the established pro's. I thought last night Edwards should have got 15 minutes for a tiring Grosicki but he changed the shape

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-20-2021, 12:51 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I've never understood the can't run argument either. His goals have come from running deep from midfield.

If he's given a role to do, he does it, sometimes that means he isn't running around everywhere like Gallagher, but he covers grown just as well as Livermore or Sawyers does.

He's extremely one paced Birdy, very slow over the initial few yards

He's a sitter, fine in a midfield 3 with two runners ahead of him but he hasn't got anything like the legs to play in a flat midfield four

I like the kid but he needs games, in our current predicament we can't be giving Field and Harper games to "see how they do" it's also very much against Sam's way, look at his subs so far, it's HRK, Furlong, he only seems to trust the established pro's. I thought last night Edwards should have got 15 minutes for a tiring Grosicki but he changed the shape

Cuzer

As is Sawyers. My point.

I suppose I don't see it as giving him a go, he's shown he can play at this level under Pulus before too. I have heard Sam likes him to be fair so we may well see him once his fitness is up to scratch.

Yes, Big Sam does like experience that is true.
The question isn’t whether Field or Livermore (or Sawyers or Harper) should play. The question should be when a quality midfielder is joining to play alongside Gallagher.
(01-20-2021, 01:41 PM)clem4england Wrote: The question isn’t whether Field or Livermore (or Sawyers or Harper) should play. The question should be when a quality midfielder is joining to play alongside Gallagher.

This
Field probably isn't the answer long term but I don't see much risk in playing him. Granted he probably plays the easy pass too often, but I'll take that over Livermore's aimless punts all day long. He's a competent passer and can tackle, and I think someone sitting in front of the defence and taking that responsibility away from Sawyers will bring an improvement in his game too.
(01-20-2021, 01:41 PM)clem4england Wrote: The question isn’t whether Field or Livermore (or Sawyers or Harper) should play. The question should be when a quality midfielder is joining to play alongside Gallagher.

Not completely sold on the idea of Gallagher playing in a central midfield of 2.
Big responsibly for a lad of 20 . Think his best role for us is in a midfield 3 , with him being the one supporting the forwards and getting into the opposition's penalty box.
(01-20-2021, 04:53 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Not completely sold on the idea of Gallagher playing in a central midfield of 2.
Big responsibly for a lad of 20 . Think his best role for us is in a midfield 3 , with him being the one supporting the forwards and getting into the opposition's penalty box.

Agree with this. One thing is for sure though...he isn’t a winger. Last night showed that much.
Shabby Russian Wrote:
clem4england Wrote:The question isn’t whether Field or Livermore (or Sawyers or Harper) should play. The question should be when a quality midfielder is joining to play alongside Gallagher.

Yes. I also thought he wasn't great out wide and was a much better fit when he went in the middle.