Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaur extinction part two
Allardyce, Moyes, Pulis, all seen as ‘dinosaur’ type managers, are they being culled by fan pressure? Is this a new era we are heading into style wise or will they still be sat there until the call comes to ‘save our season ‘ ?? I guess the last of the dying breed is Warnock who is immortal or so it seems.
People pay a lot of money to watch football in this country. More and more of those people are currently waking up to the fact that there’s little to look forward to other than mid-table mediocrity. They have every right to at least ask for something more than just ‘survival’ or ‘existance’ football. That’s all most of the old school offer. Unfortunately, because of the money at stake, club owners daren’t see past them.

There is always a job for the old boys if they can be bothered to take it on.
(05-16-2018, 12:39 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: People pay a lot of money to watch football in this country. More and more of those people are currently waking up to the fact that there’s little to look forward to other than mid-table mediocrity.

Exactly, I don't really like the term entertainment, but I do crave a little excitement in the game, under Pulis
the pre match pitch soaking was more exciting than his plans for the 90 minutes.

Most supporters will accept a manager closing the game down when needed, but not before the players have
pulled their socks over their knees in trendy expectation pre match
Simply put we are wanting more for our money.
(05-16-2018, 12:39 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: People pay a lot of money to watch football in this country. More and more of those people are currently waking up to the fact that there’s little to look forward to other than mid-table mediocrity. They have every right to at least ask for something more than just ‘survival’ or ‘existance’ football. That’s all most of the old school offer. Unfortunately, because of the money at stake, club owners daren’t see past them.

Sorry but you're wrong.

We should just enjoy winning less than 30% of our games by whatever means necessary and regale our kids with times we finished above where our finances suggest we should be.

Yours, Derek.
Football is a results business brought about by the need to be in the prem. But it’s only the greed of chairmen and the obscene wages that drives this. 

Fans want to go to games to be entertained. It’s certainly what I go for. And yes, winning is a big part of entertainment but fans don’t want to watch park the bus and nick a winner football. It’s shite. Especially as you win nothing league wise for finishing 8th as opposed to 16th.
Very idealistic, but I doubt chairmen and many fans would buy into the vision.
Most of our fans would tolerate the likes of Big Fat Sam if he came and we started winning. Pulis was begrudgingly accepted until it started to go horribly wrong at the likes of the Southampton game.
Everton and Sam were a bad fit, but truth is he is perfect for the midsize clubs whose fans are just happy to make up the numbers in the top flight.
I'd like to say I don't want him though!
Most fans want their team to win. Id have Rees Mogga in charge if i thought he would win every game for us.
When your team go a goal up, you can go for a second goal, or shut up shop. Under Pulis I honestly used to dread us going a goal up early on, because I knew I'd spend the rest of the match watching the opposition outplay us until they got the equaliser.

Sometimes it worked and we'd sneak the win, but I never enjoyed the matches, and towards the end I was barely celebrating the win because the majority of games were turning into a complete drudge. Corner, header, goal, that's yer lot.

If you're good enough to take the lead, be good enough to go for a second or a third. It'll work or fail as often as parking the bus, but the overall experience is so.much greater. That's the excitement that I think most supporters would prefer. I don't think it's too much to ask for the money we hand over.

Everton fans singing "Fuck off Big Sam," your fans singing "Tony Pulis, your football is shit." If that's the sound of fans happy to make up the numbers, I'd really rather not (ever again).