Sunday’s best
(01-19-2021, 02:25 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 02:18 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 02:11 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 02:02 PM)Ossian Wrote: Princes End Asda seems to attract some shoppers with a very relaxed dress code.

That's where I shop.

Ah, yeah, see what you mean!   Big Grin

I still miss the ASDA slide!

Slide and glide lube? Like the one you bought on eBay? Big Grin    I’m going to have to find that thread as it’s still on the internet.

Edit: found it Big Grin

https://wbaunofficial.proboards.com/thre...funny-fred

You love that thread!

I reckon it was you!   Big Grin

I can’t believe that was 8 1/2 years ago.

What was funny was that the eBay account name was written exactly the same as your user name on here.  Also, not long after that thread the eBay user (Baggie_Nick) hid their purchase and sales history and so clearly had seen the thread on here about them.  If anyone knows of an Albion fan called Nick who owned an ICF badge, you know who they are.

(01-19-2021, 03:15 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 02:04 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: If I have to go to a supermarket, which I try to avoid like the plague. I go at 7am when the great unwashed are not there. So I am normally in some sort of short and jumper combo, half asleep!

I suppose changing to Sainsburys/M&S may help this, so I can go at a more reasonable time.

I used to shop at Aldi due to quality and price but the number of Covidiots in there has driven me away, especially with this new variant spreading like it is.
I now go to Sainsburys at 7am on my day off, beat the crowds, use the zapper and away.
Very quiet last week.

I’m one of the 1/10 of the population who have had it and not fussed about being near people but I do keep well away from people when I’m out walking and in Supermarkets for their sake and peace of mind. 

I’ve got more chance of dying on my scooter tbh and if I do, then I’ve died doing something I love.
(01-19-2021, 02:04 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: If I have to go to a supermarket, which I try to avoid like the plague. I go at 7am when the great unwashed are not there. So I am normally in some sort of short and jumper combo, half asleep!

I suppose changing to Sainsburys/M&S may help this, so I can go at a more reasonable time.

I used to shop at Aldi due to quality and price but the number of Covidiots in there has driven me away, especially with this new variant spreading like it is.
I now go to Sainsburys at 7am on my day off, beat the crowds, use the zapper and away.
Very quiet last week.
(01-19-2021, 03:15 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:

Very quiet last week.

Exactly Sol. Snobbish to say, some may think (not I) but brutally honest. I never mind shopping in downmarket places to save money, but the most stupid people have to shop there for necessity.
I used Lidl in Solihull but recently too many retards in jogging bottoms, who look like they've never jogged in their lives. I'd rather go to safer places at quieter times.
(01-19-2021, 01:53 PM)Noibla Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 01:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: I dress down to go the supermarket these days.

Went to Sainsbury’s in tracksuit bottoms and an old Ajax shirt earlier.

Sainsbury's ! 

Someone's in the money Big Grin

Full disclosure: I usually shop in Asda.
Ark at yow lot. Blummin Saernbree's an Waytrowse. Get darn Wensbree market. Ar mean, yow cor get yer grey pays in Saernsbrees.
The funniest thing about some of the snobbery on here is that most of the common supermarket items are made by the same suppliers and just put in different packages, and then the higher end places hike the prices. The quality is exactly the same.
(01-19-2021, 04:12 PM)MassDebater Wrote: The funniest thing about some of the snobbery on here is that most of the common supermarket items are made by the same suppliers and just put in different packages, and then the higher end places hike the prices. The quality is exactly the same.

I once worked on an event for Morrison's media team Christmas market showcase thing (which was in July!!!) and they bought in most of their stuff from Sainsbury's, still in the packaging!
In the form of his life.
(01-19-2021, 04:12 PM)MassDebater Wrote: The funniest thing about some of the snobbery on here is that most of the common supermarket items are made by the same suppliers and just put in different packages, and then the higher end places hike the prices. The quality is exactly the same.
My mate knows a supplier of spinach from the Cotswolds and the same spinach goes into a leading supermarket like Waitrose and some other one way down the pecking order.

Two nearest supermarkets to me are both Sainsbury so I'll use them in this weird time to avoid the idiots- generally buy a lot of stuff in Lidl though.
(01-19-2021, 04:07 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 01:53 PM)Noibla Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 01:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: I dress down to go the supermarket these days.

Went to Sainsbury’s in tracksuit bottoms and an old Ajax shirt earlier.

Sainsbury's ! 

Someone's in the money Big Grin

Full disclosure: I usually shop in Asda.

Not quite full disclosure Duffers- you're to be found looking in the ice cream freezer you little tinker!

Some truth, but also some mythology.

Plus, a lot of Aldi stuff is very short-dated; Lidl I wouldn't know about.