Sunday’s best
Anyone else noticed that some people (especially women) are starting to dress up to go to the supermarket?  People are clearly in search of a mental lift during these difficult times and this is the only opportunity there is to dress up to go somewhere.
how many of you are dressing up as women to go to the supermarket?
I dress down to go the supermarket these days.

Went to Sainsbury’s in tracksuit bottoms and an old Ajax shirt earlier.
(01-19-2021, 01:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: I dress down to go the supermarket these days.

Sainsbury's ! 

Someone's in the money Big Grin
(01-19-2021, 01:39 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Anyone else noticed that some people (especially women) are starting to dress up to go to the supermarket?  People are clearly in search of a mental lift during these difficult times and this is the only opportunity there is to dress up to go somewhere.

Perhaps they know you'll be there. Setting such a high bar.  Big Grin
(01-19-2021, 01:53 PM)Noibla Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 01:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: I dress down to go the supermarket these days.

Sainsbury's ! 

I get a few funny looks in waitrose with my Albion trackie bottoms on....
In the form of his life.
Princes End Asda seems to attract some shoppers with a very relaxed dress code.
If I have to go to a supermarket, which I try to avoid like the plague. I go at 7am when the great unwashed are not there. So I am normally in some sort of short and jumper combo, half asleep!

I suppose changing to Sainsburys/M&S may help this, so I can go at a more reasonable time.
(01-19-2021, 01:54 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 01:39 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Anyone else noticed that some people (especially women) are starting to dress up to go to the supermarket?  People are clearly in search of a mental lift during these difficult times and this is the only opportunity there is to dress up to go somewhere.

Perhaps they know you'll be there. Setting such a high bar.  Big Grin

Arf.  What’s pissed me off,is that after being overweight for 10 years I finally got back down to 13 stone and could get back into my going out clothes and less than 3 months later the world turned upside down and I haven’t had chance to wear them since. Just my fuggin’ luck.

(01-19-2021, 01:59 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 01:53 PM)Noibla Wrote:

Sainsbury's ! 

I get a few funny looks in waitrose with my Albion trackie bottoms on....

That’s because you are not supposed to wear them on your head.
(01-19-2021, 02:02 PM)Ossian Wrote: Princes End Asda seems to attract some shoppers with a very relaxed dress code.

That's where I shop.

Ah, yeah, see what you mean!   Big Grin

I still miss the ASDA slide!