World Championship Darts
(01-04-2021, 08:20 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 01:48 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Gerwyn Price worthy winner in the end. Some amazing Darts played.

Would have preferred Gary Anderson to win, but as Bobby George says, "scorings for show, doubles for dough."

I was rooting for Chizzy this year. Love watching him in full flow but he fell just short again. 

Can't stand Price as he looks such a prick but there is no doubting the bloke is good.

Best player in the world, apart from PK Big Grin
(01-04-2021, 01:48 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Gerwyn Price worthy winner in the end. Some amazing Darts played.

Would have preferred Gary Anderson to win, but as Bobby George says, "scorings for show, doubles for dough."

I was rooting for Chizzy this year. Love watching him in full flow but he fell just short again. 

Can't stand Price as he looks such a prick but there is no doubting the bloke is good.

Agree with your thoughts on Price. He's not a likeable chap, and I don't think he's a particularly popular Champion, however he deserved it. Until his wobble he was hitting 75% check-out which is phenomenal. 

Anderson just didn't punish Price's mistakes enough, and wasn't at his best.
(01-04-2021, 09:43 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:

Agree with your thoughts on Price. He's not a likeable chap, and I don't think he's a particularly popular Champion, however he deserved it. Until his wobble he was hitting 75% check-out which is phenomenal. 

Anderson just didn't punish Price's mistakes enough, and wasn't at his best.

I met Price backstage at an event in February last year, and he is a lovely guy. Quiet and with a dry sense of humour. If you ask any of the other pros (because I have) they do get on with him, but say that once he is on stage, he is very driven. That's why he is World Champion.