Closed down pubs you miss the most
The Wagon
(11-15-2020, 10:41 AM)The liquidator Wrote: That desi junction and the cricket club was the worst for beer flat as a witches tit.

Drank the mild or Davenports in the Desi , used mainly matchdays .
Food was decent and never that rammed in there.
(11-15-2020, 11:34 AM)yeoman lai Wrote: Queens Head
Two Brewers
Thimblemill

All Smerrick and my first drinking establishments.

You're by me then yeoman
Lagoon
George and Dragon
Shepherd's Cottage
Royal Exchange
Crown and Cushion
Golden Cup
Tibbington
White Rose
Two Brewers
Thimblemill

These and I’d add The Beeches and The Londonderry.
(11-15-2020, 01:38 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:
Two Brewers
Thimblemill

Though I've lived all my life in Chasetown, my mum is from Smethwick and my dad from Langley and we used to visit family regularly in the 70s and 80s. The Queens Head, Beeches and Londonderry loom large in my memories. Sad to learn all 3 are gone. The Queens Head closure is particularly astonishing - it was a bit of a flagship M&B pub if memory serves me right.

Btw, is the Corks club still going? That was also a popular place for our family.
(11-15-2020, 01:49 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 01:38 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:
Two Brewers
Thimblemill

Though I've lived all my life in Chasetown, my mum is from Smethwick and my dad from Langley and we used to visit family regularly in the 70s and 80s. The Queens Head, Beeches and Londonderry loom large in my memories. Sad to learn all 3 are gone. The Queens Head closure is particularly astonishing - it was a bit of a flagship M&B pub if memory serves me right.

Btw, is the Corks club still going? That was also a popular place for our family.

I believe so but I haven’t been in their for a few years.
The duke of York and the kings arms in Harborne. Luckily enough my favourite is still going the white horse in York st , saying that have not been in there for years.
The Queens Head where I also worked for many years when Geoff Capewell was gaffer.
Dirty Betts ( Talbot on Hagley Road opposite the Kings Head).
The Dog - still there and Cock & Magpies which is now some awful pseudo restaurant.
Those four were a typical night out for me and about six mates and we would end up in the Queen's Head for afters and a game of darts.
The Albion on Goldsmith Row in London.

Red bar. Temple St, Bham. A great little bar in a basement.