Big Dave
A legend.

Spoke to his brother a few days ago - lives in Tipton and also a nice bloke.
We played Pompey away just before he signed, AJ had just signed/his first match.. Big Dave is still a Pompey player but he knew that Albion were in for him. I was in the dressing room as my daughter is a mascot and in those days you got to say hello & no stupid rules... Big Dave pops his head round the door and gets a big cheer. Meggo smiles and says something to focus the team. The Beast says Darren will be one of them soon. We beat them 2-1, thanks to Scott Dobie. These are the days I’m not sure we’ll see again somehow, but it was an honour.
(10-14-2020, 07:54 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: We played Pompey away just before he signed, AJ had just signed/his first match.. Big Dave is still a Pompey player but he knew that Albion were in for him. I was in the dressing room as my daughter is a mascot and in those days you got to say hello & no stupid rules... Big Dave pops his head round the door and gets a big cheer. Meggo smiles and says something to focus the team. The Beast says Darren will be one of them soon. We beat them 2-1, thanks to Scott Dobie. These are the days I’m not sure we’ll see again somehow, but it was an honour.

Was that Pompey game midweek? Think he had signed for us by then - pretty sure he played in the win at Watford the week before - Hoult saved a pen. 

AJ was defo a signing in that era
I'd forgotten how close we came to staying up under BD.
A lot of if onlies there...
Great article, certainly got the club back together which was no mean feat.    Shame we couldn't have taken it to the last game.