Well well well
(09-26-2020, 09:26 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 09:23 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 09:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 09:14 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Yep.

I’ve seen enough from tonight and Everton to know we can compete.

Krov, Gallagher, Hegazi, Ivanovic and Grant will only add depth and options.

We can compete, but competing and winning games are 2 different things. We threw away a 3-0 lead... 

The last 2 games have shown what many of us have been saying for a while.... our attack will cause problems, and on our day we’ll give anyone a game, but our midfield is too easily broken, and our defence has more holes than the FFP rules in Aston. Teams that concede 11 goals in 3 games don’t survive.

How does today fit in with the theory that we're one of the worst PL teams of all time, comparable to Derby and Sunderland?

1 point from 3 games is 13 points in a season Wink

We’ll be more competitive than those teams, but if we don’t improve our defending I can’t see us getting a lot of points. Throwing a 3 goal lead away is never acceptable!

Always some ‘glass a 1/4 full’ types. Why do you even bother?
(09-27-2020, 09:17 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 09:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 09:14 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Yep.

I’ve seen enough from tonight and Everton to know we can compete.

Krov, Gallagher, Hegazi, Ivanovic and Grant will only add depth and options.

We can compete, but competing and winning games are 2 different things. We threw away a 3-0 lead... 

The last 2 games have shown what many of us have been saying for a while.... our attack will cause problems, and on our day we’ll give anyone a game, but our midfield is too easily broken, and our defence has more holes than the FFP rules in Aston. Teams that concede 11 goals in 3 games don’t survive.

How does today fit in with the theory that we're one of the worst PL teams of all time, comparable to Derby and Sunderland?

We’ll be more competitive than those teams, but if we don’t improve our defending I can’t see us getting a lot of points. Throwing a 3 goal lead away is never acceptable!

I’m not sure why some people have to see everything as either 100% positive or 100% negative. 

Sometimes you can find positives, negatives and realism.
There is a bit of everything in it ......
(09-27-2020, 09:22 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 09:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: We can compete, but competing and winning games are 2 different things. We threw away a 3-0 lead... 

I’m not sure why some people have to see everything as either 100% positive or 100% negative. 

Fair enough - but the starting comment & the 1 in 3 = 13 over a season, even with smiley, was the aim. Balance is always key, never 100% +ve myself, but if folk can’t take any positives from yesterday, not giving any leeway to the level & riches of the teams we played against, then I’m really not sure why they bother. 

This may not be you - fair play if not, but those that find fault in absolutely everything & never take any joy in anything must lead thoroughly depressing existences.
(09-27-2020, 09:50 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 09:22 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 09:23 PM)Sliced Wrote: How does today fit in with the theory that we're one of the worst PL teams of all time, comparable to Derby and Sunderland?

Fair enough - but the starting comment & the 1 in 3 = 13 over a season, even with smiley, was the aim. Balance is always key, never 100% +ve myself, but if folk can’t take any positives from yesterday, not giving any leeway to the level & riches of the teams we played against, then I’m really not sure why they bother. 

This may not be you - fair play if not, but those that find fault in absolutely everything & never take any joy in anything must lead thoroughly depressing existences.

It's down to the end result at the end of the day ..you can be positive saying we played well scored 3 then the flip side is that we have the game away .....what out weighs the scoring of the goals or giving it away that's how you want to see it .