Merson on Albion
Who are you to call wretched characters when you put fuck all into the club and you know absolutely nothing about anyone on here ......when you start putting your money where your big mouth is start lecturing on football matters .
(09-26-2020, 07:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We are all entitled to our opinion and believing that we will go down is completely reasonable. However, the relish some on here show about talking us down shows very poor and weak character.
There’s a couple on this sneering at any optimism. It’s a very unpleasant trait to be so overtly negative. I’m glad I don’t know some of the posters too and I think I can hazard a guess about certain aspects of their life.
We have just been promoted in possibly the most important year for football’s finances I have ever known and we’ve rebuilt a wretched squad that was in a mess like we hadn’t seen since 86. That’s reason alone to show some upbeat views.
We also, as has been said, have time to get new signings in and a manager who has a real calibre.
Do I think we’ll get relegated? Yes, I do, but I am not taken it as a given. I have hope and optimism and Bilic will instill this into his teams.
To be rubbing hands and almost gleefully talking us down is up to some fans, but I genuinely feel sorry for the people who know these wretched characters.
Spandau, I am coming to the opinion that you are the board’s Captain Sensible. Agree totally with this post.
As for fifty years of disappointment, we have won as many promotions as relegations so unless a person is disappointed with promotion I don’t see how it can all be disappointment following the Baggies. Is finishing in the top half of the Prem with our resources a disappointing season?
As I’ve said before, some clearly enjoy wallowing in their mire of misery and what’s worse they obviously want to try and inflict their misery on to everyone else. 
It very possibly is going to be a difficult season (did some expect to to be challenging for the title?)but that is football, no point continually harping on about it. That’s not to say you can’t discuss negative things but try and remain constructive and perhaps join in with positive views occasionally.
Like I've said I'm realistic person dont expect much from the Albion but expect to improve the squad from the previous season on the playing side .yes we have signed them permanently but bottom line it's the same team which ever spin you want to put on it .
(09-26-2020, 08:23 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Like I've said I'm realistic person dont expect much from the Albion but expect to improve the squad from the previous season on the playing side .yes we have signed them permanently but bottom line it's the same team which ever spin you want to put on it .

This Summer was always going to be two phases.

Phase 1: purchase loan players.

Pereria, Diangana, Robinson and Krovinovic .

Phase 2: don’t have much money left.

Button & Kipre we effectively got with Leko money.
Gallagher is a loan (cost?)
Ivanovic a free (cost?)

Bigger question is how much money we have left. Only the club would know
(09-26-2020, 08:23 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Like I've said I'm realistic person dont expect much from the Albion but expect to improve the squad from the previous season on the playing side .yes we have signed them permanently but bottom line it's the same team which ever spin you want to put on it .

If we hadn't signed them permantly then we would have had to sign other players to replace them anyway. So would you be happier if we had signed different players?

Seems a strange stance to have a pop at the club for permanently signing Diangana and Pereira. Like it or not we don't have much money. Lai ain't going to put in. Just like a lot of clubs don't. Look at the lack of business at West Ham and Burnley etc. 

I'm no happy clapper but accept we need to do a lot of team building with limited resources and now no match day income. 

We are in a mini survival division of 7 or 8 sides. All I'm saying is let's wait and see how we get on against them before unleashing the negativity. In Bilic we have someone who is going to instill some fight in the players and we will attack sides. I fully expect us to beat some of those around us.
(09-26-2020, 08:26 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:

This Summer was always going to be two phases.

Phase 1: purchase loan players.

Pereria, Diangana, Robinson and Krovinovic .

Phase 2: don’t have much money left.

Button & Kipre we effectively got with Leko money.
Gallagher is a loan (cost?)
Ivanovic a free (cost?)

Bigger question is how much money we have left. Only the club would know

“How much money we have left”

You’ve nailed it as none of us possibly know (although it won’t be much).

Then we throw into the mix a potential sale who knows how the season will pan out. We have a much younger squad than the last Prem season and a strong youth set up. 

Let’s buckle up and enjoy the ride
Anyone who takes the limited intelligence of Merson seriously has problems ?
I'm pleased to see some long overdue positivity at last on here, even if it is just backlash at the gloom. As others say, why be so negative? It isn't healthy. I'm always glass half full but that doesn't mean I'm blind to the reality of competing in an unfair market. I'll tell anyone who'll listen, Albion DO have money, they generate it themselves, unlike almost everyone else in the division. That's something Merson (and I met the guy when he was in a bad place), will never understand.
To be honest, there's a whole other conversation whether or not we'd genuinely prefer to be a rich mans hobby and/or means to give some crook respectability. I'd love us to throw 200M at players but I reckon that deep down, I'm probably more proud that we live within our means. Fuck them all, Albion till I die.
Wow, a pointless regurgitation of a an old drunks standard media opinion makes a sevener. Boreds gone Tom.
I like Merse but he's not known for his research, is he. I think we could do it but it will be very difficult. I want to be positive.