Merson on Albion
One of the worst sides he has seen and says this team could break all kinds of records. Must mean lowest points total
Well as Merson is a complete idiot, I won't be losing any sleep over it.
He might have a point though.
(09-25-2020, 05:47 PM)ericlegrisly Wrote: He might have a point though.

Which is a point more than we have or may get....
Cant say I disagree with him.
He isnt saying anything that most people who are not blinkered are thinking.
We have this every season we're in the Prem from the pundits, certain relegation. 

The teams we have put out so far are nowhere near what our settled side will be.  Yes we have conceded a lot of goals but there are mitigating factors. 

We still have at least 5 new players to come into the side and I'm confident that once we get a settled side we'll start to pick up results.  

There has been a lot of focus on there not being 3 worse teams than us and therefore it's inevitable we'll go down.  That's nonsense at this stage.  

Bilic will be brave and positive once he has his signings.  We were very unlucky last week as for the first 40 minutes we did a job on Everton and were the far better side.  The goal which should have been disallowed was followed by a piece of lax defending, things that can be put right.  And then Gibbs' utter out of character blunder, I couldn't believe what I was watching.  We rallied admirably for a while but it was always going to be difficult with 10 men.  

I think we should see where we are once all our signings are complete and say after a dozen games.  Far too early to press the panic button.  Have a little faith.  

We might yet be surprised who we sign because to be honest if Slav isn't backed to a reasonable extent he won't be here next season.  His Championship 'bucket-list' item has been ticked, no way will he be going back there, so it's up to Lai and Co to give him a chance.  We need two strikers, it's as simple as that.  I would get Grant and Deeney personally for his Leadership and experience....he could be our 'Kevin Campbell'.
(09-25-2020, 06:24 PM)Hopalong Wrote: We have this every season we're in the Prem from the pundits, certain relegation. 

The teams we have put out so far are nowhere near what our settled side will be.  Yes we have conceded a lot of goals but there are mitigating factors. 

We still have at least 5 new players to come into the side and I'm confident that once we get a settled side we'll start to pick up results.  

There has been a lot of focus on there not being 3 worse teams than us and therefore it's inevitable we'll go down.  That's nonsense at this stage.  

Bilic will be brave and positive once he has his signings.  We were very unlucky last week as for the first 40 minutes we did a job on Everton and were the far better side.  The goal which should have been disallowed was followed by a piece of lax defending, things that can put on right.  And then Gibbs' utter out of character blunder, I couldn't believe what I was watching.  We rallied admirably for a while but it was always going to be difficult with 10 men.  

I think we should see where we are once all our signings are complete and say after a dozen games.  Far too early to press the panic button.  Have a little faith.  

We might yet be surprised who we sign because to be honest if Slav isn't backed to a reasonable extent he won't be here next season.  His Championship 'bucket-list' item has been ticked, no way will he be going back there, so it's up to Lai and Co to give him a chance.  We need two strikers, it's as simple as that.  I would get Grant and Deeney personally for his Leadership and experience....he could be our 'Kevin Campbell'.

Rose tinted mate.

Our squad is dismal by PL standards.

No way in this world will we avoid the drop.
I thought he’d stopped drinking?
Said it before and I’ll say it again....

Why would any grown man get upset over what a pundit thinks?