Merson on Albion
(09-27-2020, 10:14 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Now this is where my gripe is duffers you can get a loan surely for a decent player it's at a all time low for borrowing and our owner owes the club 4 million.....its a balancing act.....worse case scenario if we went down we would have to sell a player I know it's not ideal but you cant see our 2 top players wanting to stop in the championship.....hopefully it wont come to that .that's my onions anyhow .

20m is not small change but neither is it going to break the club, when you consider the playing assets we have. 

If we go down,  it's unlikely we will be able to hang on to Pereira so I simply don't see where the risk is.  One of the things we need to be doing is finding his successor, because like Maresca, he won't be here long he is such a special talent.   He may go in January if he carries on as he is, another couple of goals like last week and half a dozen assists and the big-boys will be battling for him.  I would bet he is already top of the list of a lot of top clubs and now we're in the Prem his value will increase exponentially. 

I have to say he has been absolutely first class in every respect particularly in the last two games and what has impressed me most has been his discipline and how he has kept himself out of trouble and any controversy.  I did think he would be targeted as he does have a short fuse. 

If we stay up we'll be able to invest the profit from Pereira if he goes,  plus another year's prem money.   I would sign two quality strikers to keep us up.
(09-27-2020, 11:46 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 10:14 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Now this is where my gripe is duffers you can get a loan surely for a decent player it's at a all time low for borrowing and our owner owes the club 4 million.....its a balancing act.....worse case scenario if we went down we would have to sell a player I know it's not ideal but you cant see our 2 top players wanting to stop in the championship.....hopefully it wont come to that .that's my onions anyhow .

20m is not small change but neither is it going to break the club, when you consider the playing assets we have. 

If we go down,  it's unlikely we will be able to hang on to Pereira so I simply don't see where the risk is.  One of the things we need to be doing is finding his successor, because like Maresca, he won't be here long he is such a special talent.   He may go in January if he carries on as he is, another couple of goals like last week and half a dozen assists and the big-boys will be battling for him.  I would bet he is already top of the list of a lot of top clubs and now we're in the Prem his value will increase exponentially. 

I have to say he has been absolutely first class in every respect particularly in the last two games and what has impressed me most has been his discipline and how he has kept himself out of trouble and any controversy.  I did think he would be targeted as he does have a short fuse. 

If we stay up we'll be able to invest the profit from Pereira if he goes,  plus another year's prem money.   I would sign two quality strikers to keep us up.

He will be targeted now. Not for having a short fuse, but for quite clearly being our magic man. Diangana came in for some heavy tackles yesterday too, but the ref seemed to be blinded by Chelsea's diabolical kit.