Old chap called H
I noticed one or two lifers haven't been seen last couple of seasons.

H - how old roughly is he?
(08-30-2020, 07:56 PM)jigger11 Wrote: Never posted on here before but regularly read the forum with interest, I was just thinking about the days I used to sit in the Brumie with my dad and there was a old chap called H , He must have been 90 and never missed a game during the Mego years just wondering if any one remembers him , I only attend when I can get tickets now with my lad and had a wander down to where we used to sit last season to where we used to sit as  season ticket holders  BB135  I think and I didn’t recognise one person !

Pretty sure I remember seeing him regularly, that description sounds about right, particularly as I used sit roughly directly 15 rows behind that location with my season ticket at the time. Never had any interaction with him so have nothing to add unfortunately other that I always thought it was pretty good he was going at that age and always seemed to have people saying hello to him... if that counts for owt
Yeah he was a good old boy full of character! Used to wave around his walking stick in the air like a vintage football rattle , one of his favourite sayings was “footballers I’ve crapped better “ he must have been around 85-90 when I used to sit in the row in front so imagine he sadly passed away some years ago he was very popular like I said loads of people would stop and chat to him shake his hand , when we scored he would shake my hand and nearly crushed it ! I’ve heard a chap on Wm that has un fortunately had to go in a care home last season and was asking if anyone could give him lifts to the matches think his name is Terry , last I heard on WM someone had volunteered to take him up
That would probably be Terry Wills, one of the fingerpost/GD crew. That is a real shame
There was one old-timer - possibly one of those that others are recalling - who was still a regular approaching his 90th birthday (this is some years back now). I used to chat to him sometimes in the queue at The Hawthorns station. He was not far off an 'every gamer' and last conversation I remember having with him he was planning to go to our next away game - night match, Millwall.

Stern stuff.
(09-01-2020, 08:17 AM)jigger11 Wrote: Yeah he was a good old boy full of character! Used to wave around his walking stick in the air like a vintage football rattle , one of his favourite sayings was “footballers I’ve crapped better “ he must have been around 85-90 when I used to sit in the row in front so imagine he sadly passed away some years ago he was very popular like I said loads of people would stop and chat to him shake his hand , when we scored he would shake my hand and nearly crushed it !  I’ve heard a chap on Wm that has un fortunately had to go in a care home last season and was asking if anyone could give him lifts to the matches think his name is Terry , last I heard on WM someone had volunteered to take him up

From the info you've supplied, such as the trilby and walking stick, I don't think I was referring to the same fan in my earlier reply. What is odd though is that the one I sit near to is on the end of row BB (albeit a few dozen seats to the left), is greeted by lots of folk as they make their way up the stand, and has been a fixture there forever. I'd put this one at currently in his 80s, so a tad younger. Strange similarities, all the same.