Old chap called H
Never posted on here before but regularly read the forum with interest, I was just thinking about the days I used to sit in the Brumie with my dad and there was a old chap called H , He must have been 90 and never missed a game during the Mego years just wondering if any one remembers him , I only attend when I can get tickets now with my lad and had a wander down to where we used to sit last season to where we used to sit as  season ticket holders  BB135  I think and I didn’t recognise one person !
I think things took off with Steps (the band, not the yellow painted ones).
He posts on here as Hopalong...
(08-30-2020, 08:04 PM)Duffers Wrote: He posts on here as Hopalong...

Big Grin
(08-30-2020, 08:03 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: I think things took off with Steps (the band, not the yellow painted ones).

Those yellow painted steps were a tragedy
If he used to sit at the back of the Brummie, I think he may have passed away a few years ago mate.
No it was row BB right on the steps , most fans used to shake his hand on the way past he used to wear a trilby just wondered how long he carried on going I stopped going as a season ticket holder after the great escape .
(08-30-2020, 08:37 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 08:03 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: I think things took off with Steps (the band, not the yellow painted ones).

Those yellow painted steps were a tragedy

Better best forgotten.
God bless him.
(08-30-2020, 09:29 PM)jigger11 Wrote: No it was row BB right on the steps , most fans used to shake his hand on the way past  he used to wear a trilby just wondered how long he carried on going I stopped going as a season ticket holder after the great escape .

If you’re on about the old lad whose seat was BB68 or 69, he was still going into the 2018/19 season. He stopped coming sometime into that season, and one of the chaps who sit near him said they had heard he had gone into hospital. He was such a familiar sight that I can’t actually remember whether he made it back into his seat last year, though I don’t think he did.