Albion v Albion Saturday then...
We don’t have to sign any world class players . Only sides in top 6 have some world class players. They need to be players who fit into the way we play. They need to good players who are better than the players they replace. World class Robson was probably the last world class player we had.
(08-30-2020, 02:13 PM)wba13 Wrote: We don’t have to sign any world class players . Only sides in top 6 have some world class players. They need to be players who fit into the way we play. They need to good players who are better than the players they replace. World class Robson was probably the last world class player we had.

Gary?
Gary who ??
Whoosh?
(08-30-2020, 01:14 PM)Geralous Wrote: We’ve already signed the best player we’re gonna sign this window.

I don’t believe any side in the bottom half will get a player with the quality of Pereira this window!

You think he's better than Rodriquez  Wink
(08-30-2020, 01:56 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 01:14 PM)Geralous Wrote: We’ve already signed the best player we’re gonna sign this window.

I don’t believe any side in the bottom half will get a player with the quality of Pereira this window!

Aye but it doesn’t mask the fact we’re 25-30% weaker now than the side we got promoted with

There lies the burning issue

Cuzer

Look we've made one fantastic signing and will make another 6/7 whether all on the same level as Pereira is doubtful as he's a very special player. 

This is Albion, it's the same every summer so we know the script. We will make signings to maximise what we've got to play with.  To be honest it's how most of us operate in our daily lives unless you have money to burn. 

We have the core of a decent side.  If you look at the team that played at the end of the season we got relegated which never should (which was a team that had evolved over a period of 8 Years with Prem money) we're not too far away but need strengthening in key areas, which we will.  If we know, Dowling and Bilic will even more so. 

Team v Spurs 2018         Team v Leicester

Foster                           Johnstone 
Nyom                             O'Shea
Gibbs                             Gibbs
Dawson                          Ajayi 
Hegazi                           Hegazi 
Phillips                           Phillips
Livermore                       Livermore
Brunt                             Sawyers 
McLean                          Pereira     
J_Rod                            Grosicki
Rondon                          Austin   

When we played Spurs we had the luxury of being able to bring on (arguably!) three very good players, Krychowiak, Chadli and Sturridge, so there's strengthening to do at first 11 and the squad. 

My own view is the absolute priority is a bigger, better Keeper who at least commands the 6 yard box with better communication, a 'quality' winger (Diangana or Vlasic please) and two forwards, one of whom to be of sufficient quality would probably be a record signing.  It would be great to get Krov back if we can, I think we will and a Burke/Robinson swop would be sweet.   I really cannot understand why Wilder is interested in Burke but we'll see.   

It's interesting that Dowling has said most of the people we're trying to sign are not yet in the public domain so hopefully there'll be a few out of the blue signings.  Here's hoping!
(08-30-2020, 01:58 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 01:52 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 01:50 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 01:37 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 01:12 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: Talking bollocks again Ziz. He really doesn’t “like” to buy late.

We’re stubborn in the market, for better or worse (generally better as we’re in the PL) and have been since JRP walked through the door.

The deals will be predominately done late, but it’s all starting to move now and I think we could all do with some good news on the transfer front, including people inside the club.

He likes a good old trolley dash moreso than Ashworth. See January 2019 and Summer 2019.

Hoping for a keeper, 2 full backs, experienced centre back, defensive midfielder,  winger and 2 strikers in the last week then... gonna be some trolley dash!

Just pure guess work but  I think we will sign 4 before the end of September . The remaining 4 will be purchased in final week IMO

Just a minor point but all 8 signings need to be world class and total less than 20 mill

No problem  Sad
(08-30-2020, 12:49 PM)Cuzer Wrote: For all money I thought we would be playing those fisheatingdeludedsealcunts 

Got a game midweek too against a champ side then that’s our lot

Was chatting to my bro yesterday and pretty much think the bulk of our business will be done towards the end of the window, the crumbs on the table scenario unfortunately 

If we can get 3 points out of our first 4 games pre window closing I’ll snap your hands off now

Cuzer

Not so sure it will just be the crumbs. Current financial situation anticipated that as we get closer to deadline, it becomes more of a buyers market
(08-30-2020, 05:26 PM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 12:49 PM)Cuzer Wrote: For all money I thought we would be playing those fisheatingdeludedsealcunts 

Got a game midweek too against a champ side then that’s our lot

Was chatting to my bro yesterday and pretty much think the bulk of our business will be done towards the end of the window, the crumbs on the table scenario unfortunately 

If we can get 3 points out of our first 4 games pre window closing I’ll snap your hands off now

Cuzer

Not so sure it will just be the crumbs. Current financial situation anticipated that as we get closer to deadline, it becomes more of a buyers market

They'll be world class crumbs  Big Grin
I shouldn't be surprised at the usual negative comments about our recruitment, but I am. After last season's dealings I feel that the powers that be actually know what they're doing (*strikers excepted*) and so they will sign players when they decide it's best for the club.

It's a weird season, and if cases continue to spiral it could soon get cancelled anyway. maybe some clubs are being cautious of spunking millions in case that does happen, or maybe they're just regrouping after the grueling end to last season, either way, trust the club, they didn't do too shabbily last season.