Graeme Jones new Asst at Bournemouth
(08-19-2020, 02:16 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Refers to notes... yep I can confirm it wasn’t me that brought an ex-manager into the conversation.

Still had a little cream in your pants over the memory of him though didn't you.
(08-19-2020, 02:40 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 02:16 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Refers to notes... yep I can confirm it wasn’t me that brought an ex-manager into the conversation.

Still had a little cream in your pants over the memory of him though didn't you.

Not as excited as you get to have a pop at me.
(08-19-2020, 03:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 02:40 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

Not as excited as you get to have a pop at me.

Not a pop an observation brains.
Pickle Rick Wrote:
fuzzbox Wrote:
Derek Hardballs Wrote:
Psalm23 Wrote:
Derek Hardballs Wrote:‘They’re lucky to have him.’

They are indeed, they could've finished up with Pulis.

Or suffer amnesia about the circumstances he arrived in and the two comfortable league positions we finished in the Prem before it went stale. Thankfully we got Pardew in with plenty of games to save us...

I think we can all agree that Pardew was worse than Pulis. But that's more a reflection on how stunningly shit Pardew was, rather than how great Pulis was

I don't think that. I didn't expect anyone to save us. My fear with Pulis was always what he would turn us into given time and money, quite predictably given all the time and money he had at Stoke. That is a shit anti football team with a squad accustomed to his shit one dimensional football and cheating time wasting tactics, loathed by all and set up for relegation. A situation that would take an age to correct to get us back to an established prem team again. Not sure we have completely recovered yet, but he will always be the shittest for me. Also telling what a high court judge thought about his character. Awful thst we were ever associated with him.
That, apart from the terrible rep that goes with him, was the problem. DH is bang on when he points out the dire situation we were in when we turned to him but we ought to have paid him off the second he kept us up. I've said many times on here, something like 14 of us STHs used to meet before every home game and went to most aways. By the time Pulis finished there were 2 of us. Only a further 2 have come back since he went. That season was simply the perfect storm of events.