Pub beer assistance
Although I did have a time drinking Caffreys back in the 90's. Really can't be doing with that nitro keg smooth pour stuff these days.
Real Ale has come on leaps and bounds the last twenty years and once you have the taste for it, that other stuff really does taste shite.
I feel the other way the taste of real ale is awful might aswell put your pint pot in the canal and have a drink of that ....just not to my taste .
(08-14-2020, 02:33 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 02:26 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: The headaches are probably caused by some genetically modified product they are putting in the beer - yeast or hops usually.

No, the headaches are caused by the fact that is a shite beer full of crap which would not be allowed anywhere near a decent real ale.
Awful, bland crap produced in a factory from poor quality ingredients.
What types of genetically engineered yeast and hops are being used? As an ale lover and graduate biochemist I'd be keen to know.
Thanks in advance.

(08-13-2020, 08:42 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: It was very drinkable 

You lost me there I'm afraid.

Not sure if I've ever encountered a worse beer!

My next door neighbour mostly drinks real ale and I can guarantee he has a bad hangover every Saturday morning so is that bad ingredients.
(08-14-2020, 04:13 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I feel the other way the taste of real ale is awful might aswell put your pint pot in the canal and have a drink of that ....just not to my taste .

Although I'm very much of the opinion that whatever takes your fancy, is fine fine by me, there is a lot of different tasting ales out there mate....some I'm not keen on myself, but when you find a range of ales that appeal to you, there is nothing better.
Maybe I had a bad experience on Guinness and I cant even stand the smell of it .
(08-14-2020, 03:57 PM)tiptontown Wrote: Although I did have a time drinking Caffreys back in the 90's. Really can't be doing with that nitro keg smooth pour stuff these days.
Real Ale has come on leaps and bounds the last twenty years and once you have the taste for it, that other stuff really does taste shite.

100%. It's been nice having these Flavourly deliveries come every couple of weeks or so. Similar types of light/IPA/pale ales and some better than others but has been wonderful during these hot spells (Fourpure Geyser is one my favourites so far). Although according to the missus I inhale them and can't understand how I taste them at all. Wouldn't touch any of these smooth-pour things with a barge pole now and fortunately in most establishments they seemed to have been eclipsed by some fine little breweries over recent years.
(08-14-2020, 04:16 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 02:33 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 02:26 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: The headaches are probably caused by some genetically modified product they are putting in the beer - yeast or hops usually.

No, the headaches are caused by the fact that is a shite beer full of crap which would not be allowed anywhere near a decent real ale.
Awful, bland crap produced in a factory from poor quality ingredients.
What types of genetically engineered yeast and hops are being used? As an ale lover and graduate biochemist I'd be keen to know.
Thanks in advance.

(08-13-2020, 08:42 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: It was very drinkable 

You lost me there I'm afraid.

Not sure if I've ever encountered a worse beer!

My next door neighbour mostly drinks real ale and I can guarantee he has a bad hangover every Saturday morning so is that bad ingredients.

Decent real ale is pure. I assume he is either tanking far too much of it or taking chasers.
Your comment about the canal shows that you really haven't tried the range of great ales and craft beers available now. There are many such beers that aren't to my taste but how people can prefer frozen, gaseous crap like Carling is beyond me.
(08-14-2020, 05:49 PM)Fido Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 03:57 PM)tiptontown Wrote: Although I did have a time drinking Caffreys back in the 90's. Really can't be doing with that nitro keg smooth pour stuff these days.

100%. It's been nice having these Flavourly deliveries come every couple of weeks or so. Similar types of light/IPA/pale ales and some better than others but has been wonderful during these hot spells (Fourpure Geyser is one my favourites so far). Although according to the missus I inhale them and can't understand how I taste them at all. Wouldn't touch any of these smooth-pour things with a barge pole now and fortunately in most establishments they seemed to have been eclipsed by some fine little breweries over recent years.

I've had a lot of Flavourly deliveries over lockdown and have been generally happy with them. Not keen on the One Chop stuff but others have been very decent. Moor, Loch Lomond and Arcadian especially.
So great a variety that I can't understand people skating craft beer as they hug their creamflow, Carling or stella shite.
(08-14-2020, 11:37 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 05:49 PM)Fido Wrote:

I've had a lot of Flavourly deliveries over lockdown and have been generally happy with them. Not keen on the One Chop stuff but others have been very decent. Moor, Loch Lomond and Arcadian especially.
So great a variety that I can't understand people skating craft beer as they hug their creamflow, Carling or stella shite.

Didn't like that Mittelfrueh Vienna from One Chop at all but thought the USA one (West Coast) was OK. Have had a couple of amber/red ales that I didn't enjoy and having had quite a few ales from there there are things now that I just can't drink like Doom Bar. God knows how many Camden Pale Ale's I've put away since Covid though - scary...

Agree. The thought of drinking chemical filled, mass manufactured keg or fizzy lager piss doesn't appeal when there are so many fine, hand crafted ales out there.