Muriqi
(07-26-2020, 10:16 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 09:57 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Semi-serious question, how well did any of the expensive strikers we were linked with / definitely signing actually end up doing last year? I can barely remember half their names and m leaning towards we dodged some expensive bullets?

Ajeti leaps off the page, I know I was quite excited at the thought of him - West Ham 9 apps no goals.

What about the others?

Ajeti is a weird one - he was clearly holding out for a PL move then went to West Ham surely knowing that he’d be back up to the £40m striker they had just bought.

From the admittedly limited footage I saw of him there’s clearly a player in there. I wouldn’t be adverse to going back for a cut price or loan deal.

Think he had a few injuries too, would have certainly played more when Haller was out, but he got injured too.

Guess the lure of PL football (and money) was greater than playing every week.

Loren Moron has a very good season in La Liga... double figures for Betis.

(07-26-2020, 11:20 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 11:07 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Apparently Tottenham have “tested the water” with a 4.5 million pound bid.

Most “Levy” thing ever, bid £4.5m for a player valued at £18m.

No wonder he and JP couldn’t strike a deal for Berahino.

Big Grin

£18M feels very steep for a player who has had one decent season at a big club, and only cost Fenerbache a couple million last summer.

As good as his goal return has been, its worth considering Sorloth has our scored him in the same division and he was woefully out of his depth at Palace.

Shon Weissman being linked with Celtic (and Dortmund) after an outstanding season in Austria is another we should be looking at.