Muriqi
Apparently there is a story going round that Vedat Muriqi has been sold for £18m....should we be hopeful or is he Lazio or Tottenham bound...?
Is he any good? I’ve never heard of him.
He’s a big burley unit that seems to know where the net is, but never played higher than the Turkish league, and only had one season at a decent side there.

£18m would be a lot of money to shell out on a striker of his background for us.
not for us then at 18m.

Those day are over (Chadli).
Semi-serious question, how well did any of the expensive strikers we were linked with / definitely signing actually end up doing last year? I can barely remember half their names and m leaning towards we dodged some expensive bullets?

Ajeti leaps off the page, I know I was quite excited at the thought of him - West Ham 9 apps no goals.

What about the others?
(07-26-2020, 09:57 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Semi-serious question, how well did any of the expensive strikers we were linked with / definitely signing actually end up doing last year? I can barely remember half their names and m leaning towards we dodged some expensive bullets?

Ajeti leaps off the page, I know I was quite excited at the thought of him - West Ham 9 apps no goals.

What about the others?

Ajeti the only one I can really recall apart from Gayle of course who's been injured most of the season. 

The others were mainly midfielders from Slav's former clubs I belive.  Classic speculation I would have thought nothing more.  

Yeah Ajeti certainly bombed and given West Ham's problems they presumably don't think he's up to it.
(07-26-2020, 09:57 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Semi-serious question, how well did any of the expensive strikers we were linked with / definitely signing actually end up doing last year? I can barely remember half their names and m leaning towards we dodged some expensive bullets?

What about the others?

Ajeti is a weird one - he was clearly holding out for a PL move then went to West Ham surely knowing that he’d be back up to the £40m striker they had just bought.

From the admittedly limited footage I saw of him there’s clearly a player in there. I wouldn’t be adverse to going back for a cut price or loan deal.
I'm sure we'll go back in for Orsic
Apparently Tottenham have “tested the water” with a 4.5 million pound bid.
(07-26-2020, 11:07 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Apparently Tottenham have “tested the water” with a 4.5 million pound bid.

Most “Levy” thing ever, bid £4.5m for a player valued at £18m.

No wonder he and JP couldn’t strike a deal for Berahino.