Edwards
(07-25-2020, 11:02 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:48 AM)HLS Wrote: If QPR lose Eze and Samuel, perhaps he could go there on loan. Attacking manager so could help develop his strengths. Certainly needs some game time the majority (not all) of his contributions haven't affected the games' results.

Good call.

Edwards, Tulloch, Harper, Palmer could all do with Championship loans.

Morton and Soule potentially league 1. Morton maybe even Championship.

As for Leko and Field, I’m unsure where the club sees them. Would you call their loan spells as Charlton successful? I think they both need another Championship loan.

In an ideal world you’d get all 8 of those lads out playing regular football, but given our lack of depth and funds, a few will be needed here, even if it’s not the best thing for their development.

Tulloch needs experience, so L1/Champ is a must, and Morton should be touted to Champ clubs, but be prepared to go back to Northampton til Xmas if the right loan can’t be found. Soule needs bulking up, so a year in the lower leagues will help him no end.

Leko and Field have both been highly regarded by Charlton fans, and Leko was definitely developing prior to his injury.  He’d got 5 goals and 4 assists in 21 games in a very poor side, over a full season, that’s similar, if not better than Diangana’s numbers. I’d keep him around.

Field similarly was rated by the Charlton fans and has played in the PL with us. He and Leko are 22 and 21, we can’t keep sending them out on loan.
(07-25-2020, 10:28 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Heard yesterday Villa have offered him 20k a week whilst he’s holding out for 10k a week with us, the same as Harper is now on, we’ve yet to offer that, he’s also told us he’s no intention of leaving and wants to stay here which is refreshing. Comes from a big Albion family and his Dad plus Uncle I believe act as his agents and are big Albion fans

Imagine we’ll get this one done

Cuzer

Those Cnuts are really starting to make my shit itch with their constant poaching of our staff and players. I really do despise them. 

I would love it if they dropped. Love it. But we all know that Sheff Utd point they shouldn't have had will keep them up.....
(07-25-2020, 11:12 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 11:08 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:48 AM)HLS Wrote: If QPR lose Eze and Samuel, perhaps he could go there on loan. Attacking manager so could help develop his strengths. Certainly needs some game time the majority (not all) of his contributions haven't affected the games' results.

Good call.

As for Leko and Field, I’m unsure where the club sees them. Would you call their loan spells as Charlton successful? I think they both need another Championship loan.

I'd rather Tulloch, Edwards and those who can potentially make the grade play rather than spunk millions on players who are no better just more experienced and see that money drain out of the club to agents and players who don't give a shit.

Throwing untested kids in to a Premier League situation could do more harm than good. Tulloch has all the talent in the World but is untested at Championship level, never mind PL. Sending these guys on loan to Championship teams helps their development and helps us in the long term.

As for signing players who ‘don’t give a shit’. Well that would be a pretty daft thing to do in the first place.

Sink or swim Dumbo. If they're good enough they will thrive. If not they will be moved on. How many years do we have to wait for Field to make it? He's not going to at the top level. I'd much rather that than see a a range of millions spent on dross

As for signing uninterested dross how about I point you to a number we've signed over the last decade. Zohore being the latest.

Good call.

I'd rather Tulloch, Edwards and those who can potentially make the grade play rather than spunk millions on players who are no better just more experienced and see that money drain out of the club to agents and players who don't give a shit.

Throwing untested kids in to a Premier League situation could do more harm than good. Tulloch has all the talent in the World but is untested at Championship level, never mind PL. Sending these guys on loan to Championship teams helps their development and helps us in the long term.

As for signing players who ‘don’t give a shit’. Well that would be a pretty daft thing to do in the first place.
True.
But we've done it before!
(07-25-2020, 11:22 AM)billybassett Wrote:

Good call.

Sink or swim Dumbo. If they're good enough they will thrive. If not they will be moved on. How many years do we have to wait for Field to make it? He's not going to at the top level. I'd much rather that than see a a range of millions spent on dross

As for signing uninterested dross how about I point you to a number we've signed over the last decade. Zohore being the latest.

Why are you assuming we’re going to be signing dross? 

We don’t have to spunk millions to find the next Periera, Krov, Robinson, Barnes, Diangana.
(07-25-2020, 11:38 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 11:02 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Good call.

We don’t have to spunk millions to find the next Periera, Krov, Robinson, Barnes, Diangana.

Why are you assuming our young talent can't make it?
(07-25-2020, 11:18 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:28 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Heard yesterday Villa have offered him 20k a week whilst he’s holding out for 10k a week with us, the same as Harper is now on, we’ve yet to offer that, he’s also told us he’s no intention of leaving and wants to stay here which is refreshing. Comes from a big Albion family and his Dad plus Uncle I believe act as his agents and are big Albion fans

Cuzer

Those Cnuts are really starting to make my shit itch with their constant poaching of our staff and players. I really do despise them. 

I would love it if they dropped. Love it. But we all know that Sheff Utd point they shouldn't have had will keep them up.....
This is what really pisses me off about the prem. Chuck money around, just fishing, easy outlay if you have the money. Another£10k a week= half a million on a chance he'll make it. Nothing for their rich owners.
It's just a poorer man's Chelski, and it's what makes the premier League so lopsided.
(07-25-2020, 11:39 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 11:38 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 11:08 AM)billybassett Wrote: I'd rather Tulloch, Edwards and those who can potentially make the grade play rather than spunk millions on players who are no better just more experienced and see that money drain out of the club to agents and players who don't give a shit.

Why are you assuming our young talent can't make it?

I’ve said no such thing. Sending talented kids to Championship teams to progress their development is not writing our kids off. It helps them and us in the long run. I don’t believe they are currently the required level to help us survive in the PL. Thats not writing them off. I want them all to succeed here and I’m excited for their future with us.

Being in a team sat bottom of the PL getting bummed for 5’s and 6’s every week could do them more harm than good.

Good call.

We have a habit then of doing daft things then

Cuzer

Hi Cuz any truth Villa have poached Mike Scott from Derby too? Our U18 coach I believe when he was here.

Talk of Hopcroft joining Villa too. I also noticed Drew Williams (part of the Albion media) also joined Villa recently. They are trying to take everyone?

As for Edwards. I really like him and he’s done well considering he missed 1-2 years with an ACL when he was 18.  

Interesting how his next stage of development is seen. But we really should reward loyalty and like you say how refreshing is it to see.

I’m keen we try to hold on to Malcom + Richards too