Summer Transfer Window Thread
(07-07-2022, 05:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: See in other news Flynn Downes has signed for West Ham for £10m

Banged on about how he’d be the answer to our midfield all last summer and how he was going for a song at Ipswich - really does infuriate me how shit our scouting and recruitment teams are. We need to get a damn sight better at making big, fast profits on players.

Why would he sign for us for peanuts when he can sign for the World Champions for mega-peanuts?
(07-07-2022, 11:18 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 05:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: See in other news Flynn Downes has signed for West Ham for £10m

Banged on about how he’d be the answer to our midfield all last summer and how he was going for a song at Ipswich - really does infuriate me how shit our scouting and recruitment teams are. We need to get a damn sight better at making big, fast profits on players.

Why would he sign for us for peanuts when he can sign for the World Champions for mega-peanuts?

Read the post again Athers…
We should have signed him last summer, when we needed an energetic midfielder and could have picked him up for a song.
(07-08-2022, 07:13 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 11:18 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Read the post again Athers…
We should have signed him last summer, when we needed an energetic midfielder and could have picked him up for a song.
You did I recall, who else did you suggest?

The idea of trying to sell players at a profit is an alien concept to us!
Adam Armstrong has been made available for loan by Saints.

Absolutely destroyed the league last time he was at this level.

Strike options of Dike, Grant, Armstrong, Robinson would be great.
(07-08-2022, 11:56 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Adam Armstrong has been made available for loan by Saints.

Absolutely destroyed the league last time he was at this level.

Strike options of Dike, Grant, Armstrong, Robinson would be great.

Now we're talking. Sack Robbo off on loan to PNE, get Armstrong on Loan.
Biggest problem with Robinson is that I'm not sure what type of player he is. He doesn't seem to have the pace or trickery to be an out and out winger, he doesn't have the goals return to play in a similar role to Grant, he isn't strong enough or good enough at holding the ball up to play through the middle on his own. That leaves him in the #10 role where I think he probably lacks the ability to pick a pass or be THAT creative. He's done alright for us but if offered anything for him we'd be foolish to turn it down.

As the post above says, if we were able to move Robinson on and get someone like Armstrong in on loan that would be great business.
Can't see Armstrong going anywhere other than Boro, they need a striker and he's from Newcastle.
Lawrence has gone to Rangers, as I predicted it us being linked was probably Nixon doing his agent mates a favour.
(07-08-2022, 12:27 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Biggest problem with Robinson is that I'm not sure what type of player he is. He doesn't seem to have the pace or trickery to be an out and out winger, he doesn't have the goals return to play in a similar role to Grant, he isn't strong enough or good enough at holding the ball up to play through the middle on his own. That leaves him in the #10 role where I think he probably lacks the ability to pick a pass or be THAT creative. He's done alright for us but if offered anything for him we'd be foolish to turn it down.

As the post above says, if we were able to move Robinson on and get someone like Armstrong in on loan that would be great business.

Robinsons best position is wide left. Its where he played for Preston and initially where he played for us which led to us signing him permanently. The fact that we had no recognised forward led to the square-ish peg being forced into a roundish hole. We are lucky that he can play a number of positions I guess albeit not very well sometimes.
(07-08-2022, 03:46 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 12:27 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Biggest problem with Robinson is that I'm not sure what type of player he is. He doesn't seem to have the pace or trickery to be an out and out winger, he doesn't have the goals return to play in a similar role to Grant, he isn't strong enough or good enough at holding the ball up to play through the middle on his own. That leaves him in the #10 role where I think he probably lacks the ability to pick a pass or be THAT creative. He's done alright for us but if offered anything for him we'd be foolish to turn it down.

Robinsons best position is wide left. Its where he played for Preston and initially where he played for us which led to us signing him permanently. The fact that we had no recognised forward led to the square-ish peg being forced into a roundish hole. We are lucky that he can play a number of positions I guess albeit not very well sometimes.

I'm not in the force him out camp, he's covers a number of basis and in the last two seasons has contributed more than Phillips and dare I say, Diangana who weirdly everyone seems to think will be the answer to all our prayers next season. Robinson is however, firmly in the group of players that should an OK offer be made then we should cash in.