Summer Transfer Window Thread
(09-08-2020, 04:14 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 03:02 PM)Sliced Wrote: Definitely. I would much rather we used our loans on Gallagher and Krov than any of the strikers mentioned

I'm a fan of Gallagher. A very intelligent player - but for me, he's similar to Krov. I don't see the need or the budget for both.  

I've come around to the notion of signing Grant now but I'd still like to see us get another striker (on loan), if successful with that signing.

I reckon it’s either (a) Krov plus a loan striker (Gray), or (b) Gallagher on loan plus buy Grant.   Have to say that it probably needs to be Gallagher plus Grant.  Then, if we sell Zohore, we may replace him with Deeney on loan
(09-08-2020, 04:24 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 03:02 PM)Sliced Wrote: Definitely. I would much rather we used our loans on Gallagher and Krov than any of the strikers mentioned

I'm a fan of Gallagher. A very intelligent player - but for me, he's similar to Krov. I don't see the need or the budget for both.  

I've come around to the notion of signing Grant now but I'd still like to see us get another striker (on loan), if successful with that signing.

I reckon it’s either (a) Krov plus a loan striker (Gray), or (b) Gallagher on loan plus buy Grant.   Have to say that it probably needs to be Gallagher plus Grant.  Then, if we sell Zohore, we may replace him with Deeney on loan

Tbh I’d take Grant, Gray/Deeney on loan and then Gallagher too, with Robinson coming in also...
(09-08-2020, 04:24 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

Agree.

Anything but Gray!
Liverpool saying a bid of around £20m would get Rhian Brewster as long as there was a buy back clause...

Provided the buyback had some room to turn a profit, forget Grant and put the cash on the table!!!
(09-10-2020, 07:52 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Liverpool saying a bid of around £20m would get Rhian Brewster as long as there was a buy back clause...

Provided the buyback had some room to turn a profit, forget Grant and put the cash on the table!!!

Brewster is far less proven than Grant. So £20m seems excessive and a buy back too...
(09-10-2020, 08:19 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 07:52 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Liverpool saying a bid of around £20m would get Rhian Brewster as long as there was a buy back clause...

Brewster is far less proven than Grant. So £20m seems excessive and a buy back too...

Brewster looked a better player than Grant in his half season at Swansea... scored all manner of goals, can use either foot...

Grant is a few years older and has played in the PL, but I think I'd rather take Brewster over him at that price. 

By 20 Grant had scored 9 goals in 15 L2 games and 15 goals in 60 L1 games... Brewster has 10 in 20 Championship games and has held his own in Liverpool's team in pre-season.
Or one could say by the age of 20 Grant had 30 goals in 75 games at a competitive level... so better than 1 in 3.

I think if Brewster was anywhere other than Liverpool then people would laugh at £20m for him, maybe £10m.
I find it odd Liverpool are looking to sell him at his age, tbh. Loan to a prem side looks far more sensible IMO. Maybe they don't think he's all that after all?
Apparently in discussions with Swansea to go back on loan
(09-10-2020, 08:56 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I find it odd Liverpool are looking to sell him at his age, tbh. Loan to a prem side looks far more sensible IMO. Maybe they don't think he's all that after all?

Sale with a buy-back is becoming more preferable to loans - players tend to develop better when they're formally at a club, the club get a lump sum, and know they're protected should they want to bring said player back, and as Chelsea are now finding, with the cash crisis it's making it difficult to move on the army of players they've stockpiled.

I'm sure Klopp has said many times he's happy to keep him and rates him highly, but he wont get a lot of game time over the next couple seasons with Liverpool so makes sense to take some cash and let him flourish elsewhere.