Players we need to move on.
(07-25-2020, 10:12 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 09:57 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:25 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:23 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Zohore scored 1 in 19 games for Cardiff in his last season there. Top scouting that FFS

Pure Panic.

He was bought (and for nowhere near 8m) based on what he achieved in the Championship which was virtually getting Cardiff promoted single-handedly. The problem was, Dowling forget to check with Bilic whether he wanted him/would fit the way he played. 

Zohore has never had a proper opportunity and never been backed by his manager hence he has not been a success, yet. Had he had the same pitch time as  HR-K - based on his last season with Cardiff in the Chump it's likely he'd have scored 15-20 goals given the number of chances we create, as he tends to score when presented with a decent chance. 

Let's deal in simple facts. He scored 5 goals this season. He started 6 games. 6 games ffs. 

People say 'oh Fatty Phillips needs 6 games to get up to speed'. This guy has never been given a chance to even stretch his legs! Whilst week after week we have suffered the total ineptitude of HRK and the Busted Flush. Finally Bilic wakes up and plays a pacy striker, (who is capable of running past the last defender) in the last game of the season and bingo!

That's one of the most sensible and thought out posts you've ever made. Agree. I don't think we've seen the last of Zohore.

It was until he said he’d have scored 15-20 goals, and he singlehandedly got Cardiff up... he’s averaged just over 1 in 4 in his time at Cardiff, so even if he did play every game I think we could have only expected 10 or so goals, the same as Charlie and HRK individually scored. 

I agree Zohore could have been given more chances, but his goals to minutes in the Champ is still low... about 1 every 210 minutes or so, and an xG of 10 vs 3 goals suggests he’s even less likely to put a chance away than Austin or HRK... I can remember more misses from him than goals...

The good thing is that the deal that brought him here was heavily incentive based so we’ve not blown £8m, and we should be able to recover a fair amount of his fee should we move him on.
(07-25-2020, 10:55 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:25 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:23 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Zohore scored 1 in 19 games for Cardiff in his last season there. Top scouting that FFS

Pure Panic.

He was bought (and for nowhere near 8m) based on what he achieved in the Championship which was virtually getting Cardiff promoted single-handedly. The problem was, Dowling forget to check with Bilic whether he wanted him/would fit the way he played. 

Zohore has never had a proper opportunity and never been backed by his manager hence he has not been a success, yet. Had he had the same pitch time as  HR-K - based on his last season with Cardiff in the Chump it's likely he'd have scored 15-20 goals given the number of chances we create, as he tends to score when presented with a decent chance. 

Let's deal in simple facts. He scored 5 goals this season. He started 6 games. 6 games ffs. 

People say 'oh Fatty Phillips needs 6 games to get up to speed'. This guy has never been given a chance to even stretch his legs! Whilst week after week we have suffered the total ineptitude of HRK and the Busted Flush. Finally Bilic wakes up and plays a pacy striker, (who is capable of running past the last defender) in the last game of the season and bingo!

That's one of the most sensible and thought out posts you've ever made. Agree. I don't think we've seen the last of Zohore.

It was until he said he’d have scored 15-20 goals, and he singlehandedly got Cardiff up... he’s averaged just over 1 in 4 in his time at Cardiff, so even if he did play every game I think we could have only expected 10 or so goals, the same as Charlie and HRK individually scored. 

I agree Zohore could have been given more chances, but his goals to minutes in the Champ is still low... about 1 every 210 minutes or so, and an xG of 10 vs 3 goals suggests he’s even less likely to put a chance away than Austin or HRK... I can remember more misses from him than goals...

The good thing is that the deal that brought him here was heavily incentive based so we’ve not blown £8m, and we should be able to recover a fair amount of his fee should we move him on.

Interesting.

Given the season he's had and the chances he's missed how much do you think we could move him on for?
3-5 m, max
(07-25-2020, 10:57 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 10:55 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:25 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Pure Panic.

Interesting.

Given the season he's had and the chances he's missed how much do you think we could move him on for?

Purely guess work, but I’d expect we’ve paid about £5m of the £8m fee.  He’s got enough about him to do a job in Italy, Germany or France, so I’d assume we’d be able to get 2-3m from a top flight club in one of those divisions.
(07-24-2020, 07:24 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:22 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:18 PM)Albionmad Wrote: If we're looking to replace SJ,  I can't  see any further than Joe Hart, Ben Foster or Heaton assuming Vile go down and have to sell to balance (fiddle) the books. Keepers in the Championship have been mooted but imo we need a keeper with Prem experience.

SJ is a good shot stopper but is hopeless with balls played across his 6 yard box. Could more coaching help? At this point in his career I very much doubt it.

Hart?!? I’d sooner stick with Johnstone.

Just about... Just. About.

Why can't we just go out there and sign a keeper who can come off his line and catch or punch as necessary a ball in the 6 yard box?

(07-24-2020, 07:04 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:02 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Livermore has England caps and a majority of his career at that level. He was also very good for us at that level before Pulis had him stack weight on. He'll be fine.

We'll see.

(07-24-2020, 05:53 PM)Duffers Wrote: No issue with the club bringing in another keeper to compete with SJ, but as per above I can’t see us spending huge sums on it.

Fully expect Johnstone to start next season as #1.

That would be a disaster.

Couple of mistakes against vastly superior sides and all of a sudden his defenders lose confidence. Then the downward spiral begins...

He has to go. Dreadful player. Barely competent at Championship level and I dread to think what he'll be like next season.

C'mon everyone, SJ is not good enough for the Prem especially when we're likely to be in the group flirting with relegation.  The other thing, I think we need someone who has more of an outgoing personality and authority, who commands the 6 yard box. 

Is there a season left in Foster if they go down?
(07-24-2020, 10:37 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Zohore and Austin; neither will make it in the League of Greed.

Austin could have the odd cameo from the bench but it's his fitness that's the problem. Fully fit he can't play 90 minutes.  

Zohore,  unlikely, especially as he's clearly not Slav's cup of tea or doesn't put the effort in, in training.  He didn't do well for Cardiff in the Prembut didn't play many games (injury?).  Difficult to know what to do with the Lad.  There's definitely a player in there in the right team/division.