Players we need to move on.
Since several other threads are talking about players we want in, I thought I'd start a thread with players we want out.

1) Burke. He's playing regular football in La Liga, so a better time to offload our Worst Puchase Ever is not likely to come.

2) Phillips. I cannot take another season of him starting like a steam train and then turning into the invisible man. We need consistency.

3) HRK. No way will he do anything in the PL. He's had a decent season, so now would be the best time to send him elsewhere.

Loan out:

Harper and Edwards. Both need weekly Championship football to develop. Field and Leko also need full seasons on loan without injury.
If Burke does come back, he will be the new Zahore/Bond/Chris Willock/Gamboa/Marek Cech (to name a few) when we lose a few.

"Our forwards are utter crap. Why isn't Burke given a go? We need something a bit different and he has the pace that can cause the opposition problems!" completely forgetting how useless he's been previously.
Zohore and Austin; neither will make it in the League of Greed.
(07-24-2020, 10:26 AM)HLS Wrote: If Burke does come back, he will be the new Zahore/Bond/Chris Willock/Gamboa/Marek Cech (to name a few) when we lose a few.

"Our forwards are utter crap. Why isn't Burke given a go? We need something a bit different and he has the pace that can cause the opposition problems!" completely forgetting how useless he's been previously.

Burke is not a football player. He doesn’t have a football brain, he’s just fast. I’d even let him go on a free, he is useless.

Out - Burke, Zohore, Barry, Peltier, Bond

Out on loan with options to recall in Jan - Leko, Field, Edwards, Tulloch, Harper, Morton, Soule
(07-24-2020, 10:39 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 10:26 AM)HLS Wrote: If Burke does come back, he will be the new Zahore/Bond/Chris Willock/Gamboa/Marek Cech (to name a few) when we lose a few.

Burke is not a football player. He doesn’t have a football brain, he’s just fast. I’d even let him go on a free, he is useless.

Out on loan with options to recall in Jan - Leko, Field, Edwards, Tulloch, Harper, Morton, Soule

So we'll need 2 keepers then?
(07-24-2020, 10:37 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Zohore and Austin; neither will make it in the League of Greed.

Technically Austin has already made it there. He averages just over 1 in 3 in the PL, which isn’t a terrible return considering who he’s played for.

Agree that we shouldn’t be relying on him next year though.
With a pre-season behind him, I'm not against having Austin as part of the squad. Granted his stats this season haven't been great, but he has scored goals in this league, and as a substitute he's not a terrible option to have. HRK and Zohore need to be moved on if anyone will give us anything for them. HRK's contract is also up next summer so would be our last chance to get a fee, or use him in part exchange.

Burke will go this summer, but we need to prepare ourselves for a derisory fee - wonder if there's anyone at Celtic we could use him in part exchange for... Possibly Ajer the CB, or even towards Morelos at Rangers.

If we can source another fullback, I'd let Townsend go. He's a decent Championship player, but Gibbs is head and shoulders above.

No way Phillips will be sold, successive managers continue to rate him and he has plenty of time on his contract.

I'd look to get Harper, Edwards and Tulloch out on loan, Leko and Field have both had half a season of regular football at Charlton and were doing well. I'd keep them both as part of the squad next season. Leko seems to have found where the net is whilst at Charlton and Sam has proven he can play at this level. With Brunt and Barry both departing he's the next best fit when it comes to covering the Sawyers role.
(07-24-2020, 10:43 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 10:37 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Zohore and Austin; neither will make it in the League of Greed.

Technically Austin has already made it there. He averages just over 1 in 3 in the PL, which isn’t a terrible return considering who he’s played for.

Agree that we shouldn’t be relying on him next year though.

Yes, right. But didn’t he get injured and slowed down some?
(07-24-2020, 10:42 AM)billybassett Wrote:

Nope. 

Johnstone and Palmer will do for me.
(07-24-2020, 10:48 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 10:42 AM)billybassett Wrote:

Nope. 

Johnstone and Palmer will do for me.

Send Johnstone a map of his 6-10yd box then, yours Gordon Banks