Favourite Gig Venues
Rock City Nottingham
Brixton Academy
Manchester Apollo
In the form of his life.
Festivals aside, I'd say:

Symphony Hall for acoustics and comfort. The seats we had for Kraftwerk, ABC and Level 42 were amazing and in different parts of the auditorium.

London Palladium for it's history and charm.

Then JBs, O2 Academy, standing at the NEC in the old days, etc. for getting real.
JB's and Robin bring back some fantastic memories.
Just to throw something new on info the bored
The Zenith Arena in Paris is where the big bands play now.
But for those in the know La Cigale is the venue to see anyone play. Even the mega bands strive to play there.
It only holds up to approx. 1500 with 800 seated, but the acoustics are second to none.
Actually I saw URIAH HEEP there on Jan22nd 2019 and they were simply outstanding.
Academy 2. The old one. Pretty much every gig seen there was ace. Dinosaur Jr probably best
(06-15-2020, 10:31 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: I had many great evenings at The Odeon on New Street, back in the day. An absolute tragedy when they converted it to a multi screen cinema.

I also liked The Hummingbird/Academy in Dale End.

JB's in Dudley was another brilliant venue.  

Down here in London, I like the sweatbox that is The Underworld in Camden and The Roundhouse, just up the road.

Both of these - actually remember the Academy as Top Rank Suite and saw The Clash there!
Institute/Digbeth Civic Hall (my first Punk gig - SLF)
Malvern Winter Gardens
Assembly Rooms - Leamington
Barfly in Digbeth was also a nice little venue - shame it closed!
(06-15-2020, 10:55 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 10:40 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Always enjoyed Shepherds Bush Empire. Good sound, and an old fashioned feel to it.

For magnificence, it has to be the Royal Albert Hall.

Quirkiness - Quo gig at Dudley Castle in 2007

RAH is a great shout. I have been fortunate enough to watch a performance from the Royal Box - I knew someone who worked at Buckingham Palace and when the royals weren’t using it they’d raffle the use of it off to staff.

I've been a box as well (not the Royal Box) as a guest of Mercury Records. Good times.
(06-15-2020, 12:31 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 10:31 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: I had many great evenings at The Odeon on New Street, back in the day. An absolute tragedy when they converted it to a multi screen cinema.

I also liked The Hummingbird/Academy in Dale End.

JB's in Dudley was another brilliant venue.  

Down here in London, I like the sweatbox that is The Underworld in Camden and The Roundhouse, just up the road.

Both of these - actually remember the Academy as Top Rank Suite and saw The Clash there!
Institute/Digbeth Civic Hall (my first Punk gig - SLF)
Malvern Winter Gardens
Assembly Rooms - Leamington
Barfly in Digbeth was also a nice little venue - shame it closed!

The assembly rooms at Leamington - great shout, they were still doing gigs there a few years ago - assume it's still live.
(06-15-2020, 10:40 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Always enjoyed Shepherds Bush Empire. Good sound, and an old fashioned feel to it.

RAH is a great shout. I have been fortunate enough to watch a performance from the Royal Box - I knew someone who worked at Buckingham Palace and when the royals weren’t using it they’d raffle the use of it off to staff.

I saw The Black Crowes at the RAH. Just didn't work at all.
(06-15-2020, 12:46 PM)Fido Wrote:

I saw The Black Crowes at the RAH. Just didn't work at all.

I've seen quite a few there. The best was Cream. A shadow of themselves from the 60's, but still a great experience.
Another shout for Hummingbird/Academy in Dale End. I've seen more bands there than anywhere else, so many great memories. The Robin 2 is still a great place for a gig, I wish more original bands would play there.
Claptrap in Stourbridge is well worh a visit if you haven't been before, too.