Post lockdown bucket list
See my son and grandkids
Go to pub with my mates
Go on a holiday.
(05-26-2020, 09:01 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 05:40 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Joking apart.....

To take my mom out of her care home and bring her to mine with my kids and grandson and cook her a lamb dinner which is her favourite.  

To take my grandson kite flying as I was about to do that just before lockdown. I have the stunt kite that I bought for my kids and also my late fathers RAF box kite which he bought and these were made as part of a sea rescue kit for the RAF and the kite was to send an aerial up in to the air for the wind-up transmitters.

Hold a bbq party at my house as I haven’t held one for about 3 years and had planned to do so this summer

Ride my scooter with my bro on his and go to a bar somewhere for a beer or two with lunch.

Hug and kiss family and friends.  Strange how something like that means so much and we took it all for granted
Is it yellow and comes in a metal tube?
https://worldwarwonders.co.uk/product/ex...-box-kite/
I had one of these as a kid - my grandad got it for me.

Yes, it’s identical to that one. It’s been in my late dads garage for years and I decided to give it to my grandson. It’s in decent condition considering it’s around 80 years old and the cotton hasn’t rotted.
(05-27-2020, 07:27 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

To take my mom out of her care home and bring her to mine with my kids and grandson and cook her a lamb dinner which is her favourite.  

To take my grandson kite flying as I was about to do that just before lockdown. I have the stunt kite that I bought for my kids and also my late fathers RAF box kite which he bought and these were made as part of a sea rescue kit for the RAF and the kite was to send an aerial up in to the air for the wind-up transmitters.

Hold a bbq party at my house as I haven’t held one for about 3 years and had planned to do so this summer

Ride my scooter with my bro on his and go to a bar somewhere for a beer or two with lunch.

Hug and kiss family and friends.  Strange how something like that means so much and we took it all for granted

Yes, it’s identical to that one. It’s been in my late dads garage for years and I decided to give it to my grandson. It’s in decent condition considering it’s around 80 years old and the cotton hasn’t rotted.

Be careful how high you fly it. Space X launches tonight.
(05-27-2020, 07:36 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 07:27 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Be careful how high you fly it. Space X launches tonight.

Arf.  My late father and one of my uncles (who also had an identical kite) decided one year on the beach in Great Yarmouth to tie the two box kites together to see how high they could go.  The local plane giving tourists a ride swerved out of the way when it spotted the kites.  It wouldn’t sound so stupid until you lean they were both late 20’s at the time!!!
More family time , more friends time .
Got god children i barely see , less chasing money.