FA Cup semifinal 1969
(05-20-2020, 08:02 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 07:52 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 03:18 PM)devonbaggie Wrote: I went to Molineux with a wolves supporting mate in May 1976 when Liverpool needed a draw to be champions and wulfs needed a win to avoid relegation.
Liverpool won 3-1 and their fans invaded the pitch and attacked the north bank where we were. That was pretty scary.

I remember loads of Albion fans doing that. There were hundreds of us there in the South Bank. Me and some mates, a mix of Albion and Wolves from our area, got there earlyish (to witness a Dingle demotion), the gates at the South Bank were locked well before KO. The Scousers weren't having it and they just pushed and pushed till the large exit gates gave way. Everyone flooded in, us too.
I 've been in some crushes at football, pre all seater stadia, but it's telling that the 3 worst all involved Liverpool.  For anyone sceptical, here goes. The one mentioned above. The 2-2 at The Hawthorns when Hunt equalised in 8 minutes of injury time. And a further one when visiting Liverpool as a neutral during the year they won the League, 73 I think. The queue at the Kop was just a street wide push your way to the turnstiles affair.
this^ + add anfield in 79
I'd forgotten that one. We spent the whole game with our backs to the action trying to fight off attacks from Scousers.  The police just looked the other way. I know it's wrong, but I was quite pleased outside when a big group of Baggies laid a few out. Problem was though, they were like flies buzzing in with a dig then running away into the crowd.  They really were a poisonous bunch back then. I was bloody relieved to get back to my mates car that day.
(05-19-2020, 10:17 PM)Alf Tupper Wrote: I was a school kid then and there on the day .A devastating defeat for me.The winning goal by Albion fan Allan Clarke who did nothing else apart from score that goal.After that game Clarke fell out with everyone at Leicester when he wanted his own players pool separate to the other players where the players earned extra money from personal appearances before the cup final.He regarded himself to be the 'star player'.He moved on to Leeds after they lost the final to Man City.

My Dad has recalled how bad losing the 1969 Semi Final was. 

Bad crush was Stoke in Nov'87, as I have mentioned eslewhere.