Running Clique
Well done, great effort, I can’t see vinegar catching on as a finishing gift, but you never know.

I am aiming for York Marathon in October, which seems like a way away, but these things have a habit of creeping up on you.
Excellent work Beijing.

Looking forward to getting out at lunchtime after a couple of weeks off with bursitis in my knee.
Out on a training run this morning. Was given some words of encouragement by former Emmerdale actor, Richard Moore, who I ran past!
I’ve been slack the past few weeks, took my trainers on holiday and “forgot” to take them out for a run. On the upside my knee feels better, so will try and get back into it next week if I get some time. I guess time off and a few weeks rest isn’t necessarily a bad thing either.
In the form of his life.
We’re entering the time of the year I hate now where you have to run first thing in the morning otherwise it gets too hot to go out the rest of the day.
(06-10-2023, 12:08 PM)Duffers Wrote: We’re entering the time of the year I hate now where you have to run first thing in the morning otherwise it gets too hot to go out the rest of the day.

Would be fine if it was a dry heat, the humidity is a killer.
Yes, it’s a tough job. I set out about 9.30 which was just about Ok, whilst out running I saw Carlton Palmer, so good news he’s recovered from his heart problem earlier in the year.
Dalian Cherry Trail Run done...this weeks prize was some free beer and a bag of cherries. Better than vinegar!

Think that's me for the summer will look for some races from Sept onwards but visiting England in July for first time in four years and then summer in Beijing usual hits around 36-40 degrees so nah. Air conditioning and Zelda.
https://www.strava.com/clubs/1030893 - WBA Unofficial Strava Running Club
Arrow Valley Trail Race, Redditch (12km) on Wednesday week @ 7.30pm.
Went out at 08.15 this morning and it was already 23 degrees. Had to cut my usual run down to a lean 5k but even that was hard work! Lady D has signed up to do a half marathon at the start of September, I've politely decline the opportunity, I just can't train to those sort of distances in the summer.

On the plus side I've probably sweat twice as much weight out as I would on a regular run.