Running Clique
(03-30-2019, 08:50 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 03:38 PM)Duffers Wrote: 20 miles today.

Now lying on the sofa with my ankle resting on a bag of frozen parsnips.

Good man and well done, when you starting taper?

Marathon is four weeks tomorrow, gonna do one more 20 miler on Thursday then will start tapering.

Weighed myself before and afterwards, lost 5 pounds doing it.
Injured at the mo and doing bugger all. Sad
Last 20 mile training run complete. Marathon is three weeks tomorrow so it’s tapering from here on in.
Well I managed my first 10k event this morning. It wasn’t a bad course but some idiot decided to put a hill at the very end!
I managed it in 58:20, 9:23. Not too bad I think for someone in their late 40’s who only started in Jan.
(04-14-2019, 11:01 AM)Sotv Wrote: Well I managed my first 10k event this morning. It wasn’t a bad course but some idiot decided to put a hill at the very end!
I managed it in 58:20, 9:23. Not too bad I think for someone in their late 40’s who only started in Jan.

Sub 60 so decent!
11 miles today. Last time I’ll do double figures before the marathon in two weeks time.
(04-14-2019, 08:33 PM)Duffers Wrote: 11 miles today. Last time I’ll do double figures before the marathon in two weeks time.

Well done mate, getting to the start line is the hardest thing in a marathon with all the training you need to do.

On a personal level, I'm starting to get there again. Beat some hills that I haven't beaten for over a year cos of this injury and banging out 8 n half min miles. Light at the end of the tunnel I'm hoping!
(04-14-2019, 11:01 AM)Sotv Wrote: Well I managed my first 10k event this morning. It wasn’t a bad course but some idiot decided to put a hill at the very end!

Well done, great effort for your first 10k.
Training all finished now. Did 7 miles on Friday and 5 yesterday. All about wrapping my legs up for Sunday now.
Do you have a target time Duffers, and will it be PB if you hit it?