Running Clique
(01-10-2022, 12:43 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 12:37 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Woke up with a horrendous cough cold (thanks kids...) so going to have to leave my blister to heal for a few more days at leaset. Having gotten back into it and it being easier than I anticipated and already having hit 6k, I've worked out a route to get me up to 10k. I obviously don't want to rush it, but should I keep doing my route and improve that time, or add the distance and walk when I really need to but up the overall distance?

Personally I’d focus on getting the distance right then look to improve your times.

Cheers, I'm still walking up the steepest hill sections, the hills are unavoidable sadly so but am running further up them each time. Once am back on a flat/downhill I'm good to go though so can certainly see mt fitness improving. Going to do my first parkrun in a few weeks all being well, registered ages ago and never actually attended. It's in the local park which is about 25 min walk away (up a massive steep hill which is why I don't go there now), so will use that walk as a warm up.
In the form of his life.
6.1 miles today to go with the 6 I did on Sunday.

Slowly but surely the mojo is returning.
Good effort. I've been limiting myself to 5K and am consistently doing it in 29 mins ish, just need to keep working on the super steep hill I have to walk up. First half I'm fine, then the gradient really ramps up.
In the form of his life.
(01-19-2022, 03:09 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Good effort. I've been limiting myself to 5K and am consistently doing it in 29 mins ish, just need to keep working on the super steep hill I have to walk up. First half I'm fine, then the gradient really ramps up.

Run a different route for a bit, build your stamina then you'll have more in the tank to tackle the big hill.
(01-19-2022, 03:29 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:09 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Good effort. I've been limiting myself to 5K and am consistently doing it in 29 mins ish, just need to keep working on the super steep hill I have to walk up. First half I'm fine, then the gradient really ramps up.

Run a different route for a bit, build your stamina then you'll have more in the tank to tackle the big hill.

I would, but it ain't very flat round these parts.... 

I reversed my route so it was up 1 big hill to start, then gradually downhill on the way back, as opposed to gradually uphill on the way. To keep it flatter I'd have to travel which I don't really have time for in a lunch hour sadly.
In the form of his life.
(01-19-2022, 03:47 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 03:29 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:

I would, but it ain't very flat round these parts.... 

I reversed my route so it was up 1 big hill to start, then gradually downhill on the way back, as opposed to gradually uphill on the way. To keep it flatter I'd have to travel which I don't really have time for in a lunch hour sadly.

Are you the Grand Old Duke Of York by any chance?
How dare ypou!
In the form of his life.
Got my 5K time down to 27 mins now. Actually reversed my route again, so it's gently up hill for the first 2.5K then flat or downhill for the second and am running that the whole way, which was my aim.
In the form of his life.
(01-24-2022, 02:15 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Got my 5K time down to 27 mins now. Actually reversed my route again, so it's gently up hill for the first 2.5K then flat or downhill for the second and am running that the whole way, which was my aim.

Good effort that mon.

Just put another 6 miles on, which after a pretty exhausting weekend (my daughter’s birthday and all it entails) I’ll take.
(01-24-2022, 02:15 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Got my 5K time down to 27 mins now. Actually reversed my route again, so it's gently up hill for the first 2.5K then flat or downhill for the second and am running that the whole way, which was my aim.

Did exactly this today Midge, reversed the route because for some reason it felt like it was a constant climb my normal way round and took 30 secs off. That might be more to do with me gradually not being as unfit after Christmas but I'll take it  Big Grin